5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blacked out Tailgate (Rams Head) and Hood (1500 HEMI) Badges

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the "RAM" on the grill just pop off? I bought that one and I'm gonna plasti dip the rest for now.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the "RAM" on the grill just pop off? I bought that one and I'm gonna plasti dip the rest for now.
Just slide a utility knife blade under the letters and lift a bit then slip a trim removal tool under and pry them to free up the clips. Should take less than 5 minutes to swap them all out.

itsdapk

Reaction score
Front emblems were easy to pop off. Just take your time. I used a plastic door trim puller tool. Used a razor blade to lift it up far enough to slide it underneath the Ram letters. I got my letters off Ebay for like $24
8e3dad8310d61a5bef2ec1c086d2a247.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Front emblems were easy to pop off. Just take your time. I used a plastic door trim puller tool. Used a razor blade to lift it up far enough to slide it underneath the Ram letters. I got my letters off Ebay for like $24
8e3dad8310d61a5bef2ec1c086d2a247.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Did that today. Tomorrow might try plasti dip on the others.

Anyone got any good videos on the best way to go about it?

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did that today. Tomorrow might try plasti dip on the others.

Anyone got any good videos on the best way to go about it?

1st off, do you have any more pics of that bumper? Looks pretty interesting and I’m trying to find some better front clearance for my Laramie.

I just did the plasti-dip on my emblems last week. Wasn’t too bad to just do them on the truck, but I’m honestly not that excited about the results. Peeled up a bit on the edges as I was pulling the material back towards the emblems, and just generally doesn’t feel like they’re going to last long. I’ve gone thru the car wash a couple of times and seem okay so far, but I’m guessing 2-3yrs longevity at best.
b2325297e7de398a331cb5c4fd5b9060.jpg
db996bbc156752177ad43266739f94c9.jpg

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1st off, do you have any more pics of that bumper? Looks pretty interesting and I’m trying to find some better front clearance for my Laramie.

I just did the plasti-dip on my emblems last week. Wasn’t too bad to just do them on the truck, but I’m honestly not that excited about the results. Peeled up a bit on the edges as I was pulling the material back towards the emblems, and just generally doesn’t feel like they’re going to last long. I’ve gone thru the car wash a couple of times and seem okay so far, but I’m guessing 2-3yrs longevity at best.
b2325297e7de398a331cb5c4fd5b9060.jpg
db996bbc156752177ad43266739f94c9.jpg
Im cool with even a year longevity - glad to hear you think it would be atleast double that. I'll eventually do the OEM black emblems if I like the look. Just dont want to dish out $300 for new oem ones right now when I'm unsure.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im cool with even a year longevity - glad to hear you think it would be atleast double that. I'll eventually do the OEM black emblems if I like the look. Just dont want to dish out $300 for new oem ones right now when I'm unsure.

Yep, that’s what I read on the plasti-dip anyways. About 2-3yrs of use. Some people claimed it started coming off after 1yr. Guess we will see.

I bought some used emblems here for the other ones. Should be able to do the whole truck for under $150 if you can find takeoffs.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, that’s what I read on the plasti-dip anyways. About 2-3yrs of use. Some people claimed it started coming off after 1yr. Guess we will see.

I bought some used emblems here for the other ones. Should be able to do the whole truck for under $150 if you can find takeoffs.
Yea gonna do that and take my time

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First mod in the books! Black badges on the Ram logo on the tailgate and the two 1500 HEMI badges on the hood. Next up ceramic coating and debadge the two "RAM" badges on the front doors and the "LIMITED" and "4X4" badges from the tailgate. Can't wait.
View attachment 7875
View attachment 7876
Those both are held on with clips? Did you put painters tape around them before prying?

Boston

Reaction score
Are there any decal overlays out there to cover the grille badge?
If not, how to remove and replace the Ram logo on the grille?

Users who are viewing this thread