5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blacked Out Emblem part numbers needed

DubC

Reaction score
Sort of feel like a jerk here as I've been trying to do my own research before dropping a new post. I've searched the forum and found a few posts speaking to emblems, but I'm searching for a list of part numbers for the blacked out emblems. I have found a few online that I'm pretty sure are correct, but wanted to check here first. I have a '21 Laramie. But if someone has part numbers for any/all styles, hopefully that'll help the next person.

I asked the parts department at my dealer and the dude said (with head tipped back a bit and this weird fry-sounding voice): "Soooo we don't give out part numbers, sooo..." LOL what the hell? That was perhaps the dumbest thing I've heard in a dealership.

I plan to ditch the door emblems and only change the hood, grill, and tailgate. I've read that the tailgate RAM is a PITA but I'll deal with that later. First I need to blow way too much on dark colored plastic to ensure I get the best 2 sided tape I guess.

If I missed a post about this, my apologies. Thanks for any info.

Last edited:

DubC

Reaction score
So I kept looking and did indeed find another post on this forum. Oof. Just to make mention of the part numbers from that post (also for a Laramie, but missing the door emblems):
Ram 1500 DT Genuine Mopar Emblem Blacked Out Hood Badge Left Side 1500 HEMI 5.7L (non-eTorque)68309877AA
Ram 1500 DT Genuine Mopar Emblem Blacked Out Hood Badge Right Side 1500 HEMI 5.7L (non-eTorque)68276336AA
Ram 1500 DT Genuine Mopar Emblem Blacked Out Hood Badge Left Side 1500 HEMI 5.7L (eTorque)68500544AA
Ram 1500 DT Genuine Mopar Emblem Blacked Out Hood Badge Right Side 1500 HEMI 5.7L (eTorque)68500543AA
Ram 1500 DT Genuine Mopar Emblem Blacked Out 4x4 Tailgate Badge68276325AD
Ram 1500 DT Genuine Mopar Emblem Blacked Out Tailgate Badge Laramie68282678AB
Ram 1500 DT Genuine Mopar Emblem Blacked Out Ram's Head Tailgate68276327AA
Ram 1500 DT Genuine Mopar Emblem Blacked Out RAM Front Grille Badge68298470AA

Last edited:

DubC

Reaction score
End up getting the badges I wanted via tascaparts.com. I've ordered from there before. Good prices and OEM parts.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You probably could have saved a bundle and gotten Chicom parts from Ebay instead of Chicom parts in a Chicom Mopar bag routed through Mexico.

DubC

Reaction score
You probably could have saved a bundle and gotten Chicom parts from Ebay instead of Chicom parts in a Chicom Mopar bag routed through Mexico.
LOL yep maybe. Ebay is sketchy and wasn't any cheaper after tax, etc.

If Chrysler moved their parts creation to the US, then that'd be good for them. However, the prices would be 3x as much for the same cheap plastic. It's too bad on that front. :(

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The only ones you "need" are the hood and tailgate. Those cover holes. All the others are stick on. I went with this "Debadged" look myself.

DubC

Reaction score
The only ones you "need" are the hood and tailgate. Those cover holes. All the others are stick on. I went with this "Debadged" look myself.
This is what i'm doing as well. cheaper and cleaner look IMO. at some point perhaps even the exhaust tips and eventually wheels. but this is a good start.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is what i'm doing as well. cheaper and cleaner look IMO. at some point perhaps even the exhaust tips and eventually wheels. but this is a good start.
im probably doing my exhqust tips this weekend if its nice enough

i got a resonator delet kit from flowmaster that come with black exhaust tips

im just not sure if ill put the complet kit (deleting the resonators) or just the tips

Users who are viewing this thread