5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black widow edition performance

daniellong

Reaction score
20230125_142805.jpg Here's my trucks. Black one is a 2500. That is the work truck. 2022. Silver one is a 2022 black widow and she's my baby such an amazing truck. I want to take it to a whole nother level performance wise and are looking for recommendations on Factory performance upgrades for a 5.7 that wouldn't necessarily affect my warranty

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 154264 Here's my trucks. Black one is a 2500. That is the work truck. 2022. Silver one is a 2022 black widow and she's my baby such an amazing truck. I want to take it to a whole nother level performance wise and are looking for recommendations on Factory performance upgrades for a 5.7 that wouldn't necessarily affect my warranty
There are no "factory" performance upgrades. And no performance upgrades that won't effect your warranty. If you want to take it to a whole both level, I have a local friend that is getting adapters made to bolt the Hellcat supercharger onto a 5.7 Hemi. This would obviously require a custom tune, and any factory power train warranty would be out the window. But this would also allow the 3 liter supercharger from the Dodge Demon to be bolted on.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome! As @HSKR R/T referenced, you will have to choose between "performance" and "warranty" if you want much more power from these trucks. Depending on what dealer you interact with, you may be able to do some minor bolt-on mods without getting much grief. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with

daniellong

Reaction score
There are no "factory" performance upgrades. And no performance upgrades that won't effect your warranty. If you want to take it to a whole both level, I have a local friend that is getting adapters made to bolt the Hellcat supercharger onto a 5.7 Hemi. This would obviously require a custom tune, and any factory power train warranty would be out the window. But this would also allow the 3 liter supercharger from the Dodge Demon to be bolted on.
I'm thinking about twin turbos. I heard my driveline should handle 1000 hp.

daniellong

Reaction score
Welcome! As @HSKR R/T referenced, you will have to choose between "performance" and "warranty" if you want much more power from these trucks. Depending on what dealer you interact with, you may be able to do some minor bolt-on mods without getting much grief. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with
I'm thinking about twin turbos. 🤔 screw the warranty

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm thinking about twin turbos. 🤔 screw the warranty
Forgoing the warranty opens the fun box right up! Pretty sure there was a member who posted on here a while back with some pics of a twin turbo setup, you might do a search

Blkwdw76

Reaction score
View attachment 154264 Here's my trucks. Black one is a 2500. That is the work truck. 2022. Silver one is a 2022 black widow and she's my baby such an amazing truck. I want to take it to a whole nother level performance wise and are looking for recommendations on Factory performance upgrades for a 5.7 that wouldn't necessarily affect my warranty
I just bought a ‘22 Ram Black Widow Laramie. You Rd. The Limited edition (#222) version with matte paint. Love these trucks!!!! I’m looking to do the following perf mods. Cold air intake, long tube headers, hi-flow cats, resonator delete, and tuner. I’m hoping to push it up to 600 hp and roughly 650-675 ft lbs to IMG_8597.jpeg rque.

Attachments

• IMG_8569.jpeg
    IMG_8569.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8577.jpeg
    IMG_8577.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 19

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought a ‘22 Ram Black Widow Laramie. You Rd. The Limited edition (#222) version with matte paint. Love these trucks!!!! I’m looking to do the following perf mods. Cold air intake, long tube headers, hi-flow cats, resonator delete, and tuner. I’m hoping to push it up to 600 hp and roughly 650-675 ft lbs to View attachment 160574 rque.
You aren't going to get that performance level with CAI, headers, and a tune. You will need to boost it, or build the engine more

Blkwdw76

Reaction score
You aren't going to get that performance level with CAI, headers, and a tune. You will need to boost it, or build the engine more
Shoot, my bad, I was typing fast meant I was shooting for 500 hp. Still May be a stretch but we’ll see.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Shoot, my bad, I was typing fast meant I was shooting for 500 hp. Still May be a stretch but we’ll see.
Might get 500 at the crank on a good day. I'd be surprised if you actually got 100hp from a tune and headers

GraftonP

Reaction score
Tasca! Nice to see another RI guy on here, that's the dealership I frequent too.

Users who are viewing this thread