5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black wheels w chrome package - yay or nay?

davidajpritchard

Reaction score
Here's my patriot blue with my black winter Alloy rims
fcd3fb3fa8d9936d6144cc6196b62bb0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think it looks better to have a bit of chrome or brushed aluminum type accents when you have chrome bumpers. Otherwise you get the cop car look with black/steel wheels. If you have body painted bumpers then its a different story.

I bought the rims that come with the Canadian Sport trim. You can check out my profile pic for a peek. These rims only officially come with body painted bumpers but I like the effect here too with chrome bumpers.

Jako

Reaction score
That is pretty much a picture of my truck, same color and night edition wheels. I did swap out the chrome lug nuts for all-black so if you need some chrome lug nuts, they are sitting in my basement workshop.
Nice choice on colors.
It was between silver, granite and steel in my colors. I went with the silver as I feel it holds up the best over time as I am a forever owner. Might have gone granite though if I had seen that combo. A new Ram parked next to me at Home Depot only a month or so ago and saw it in person.

It was a "love [affair] at first sight" but I'm very faithful to my Ram.
Thanks for the offer on the lug nuts but I'm set with back up already from a Limited's wheel buy.
Get many compliments? That is a good combo.

Quint

Reaction score
I actually liked the silver Night Edition slightly better but this had pretty much all of the features that I wanted and was on the lot at the dealer willing to give me the best deal.

They are sharp trucks no matter what paint color.

truck.jpg

Crew4X2

Reaction score
My white night... or knight... or nite...

I didn't want ANY chrome, just not a big fan of the chrome. The blacked out everything looks great IMHO.

Attachments

• Pic4.jpg
    Pic4.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 33
  • Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 32

HemiDude

Reaction score
Not necessarily a chrome package, but my GCM has some chrome on it. My wheels have black and gray, though I changed my silver lugs to black

Attachments

• F76B5314-0527-48DD-87C6-1581037096E6.jpeg
    F76B5314-0527-48DD-87C6-1581037096E6.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 53

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Personally I think black wheels look a little off with a truck that has chrome on the body. But don’t listen to me, I’m just a ding dong with zero fashion sense. Ask my wife.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are plenty of black wheels with machined accents that would compliment your chrome. Take a look at the gallery on the Custom Offsets website.
I agree with Idahoktm. Go for a 2-tone machine look vs all black. IMO I would go with an all chrome wheel before all black.

MarkkraM

Reaction score
I too am looking for new rims to replace the 20" chrome clad that came with my Billet Bighorn. If I was going to upgrade to 22's, I would consider chrome, or black with accents. However, I think the 20's look a bit small, and black would make the wheelwell a bit more full. I also have the black running boards, tinted windows, so I think it would look fine, IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread