5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black wheels w chrome package - yay or nay?

Kone

Reaction score
I have regular chrome package Big Horn w the upgraded 20" chrome wheels. Plan for me was to catch someone selling a set of the alloy/alum Laramie or Limited wheels WITH RWL (I'm a RWL guy) but wife tells me she really likes black wheels.

So...black wheels on a dark gray (Granite) truck with chrome adornments? Thinking I could use chrome lugs and center cap to balance out the look? Running boards are matte black btw. Anyone have pics with this setup please post em!

McHouck

Reaction score
Found these.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

alpha_brit

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't do black wheels on a chromed-out truck, but that's just me. For what it's worth, I'd tell the wife to order herself a night edition and be done with it ;)

alpha_brit

Reaction score
Don't have pictures with chrome but saw a granite with black wheels. I like the look with the night edition wheels.
View attachment 95675
That right there would have been my first choice for color. The spousal unit disapproved of the dark color so mine will be white night edition instead.

But yeah, those wheels are the look I want for winter too - trying to find someone with 18" black takeoffs I can plant some winter tires on eventually.

BNeal

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't do black wheels on a chromed-out truck, but that's just me. For what it's worth, I'd tell the wife to order herself a night edition and be done with it ;)
I tend to agree. I think the chrome will look awkward. Have you thought about doing a black wrap over the chrome?

Fishorfly

Reaction score
My Ford F-150, grey wheels chrome bumpers.

Attachments

• DBBF6041-E915-4F44-9EA4-461EBDDEFBF8.jpeg
    DBBF6041-E915-4F44-9EA4-461EBDDEFBF8.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 86

Kone

Reaction score
Thanks, all. I dunno... I think as long as there's a hint of chrome in the wheel it's fine. I'm not looking for Night edition look, if I was I'd have bought one. I'll see what turns up.

alpha_brit

Reaction score
There are plenty of black wheels with machined accents that would compliment your chrome. Take a look at the gallery on the Custom Offsets website.
I was picturing all black like the night edition wheels. Anything with machine accents is going to look sharp

alpha_brit

Reaction score
Thanks, all. I dunno... I think as long as there's a hint of chrome in the wheel it's fine. I'm not looking for Night edition look, if I was I'd have bought one. I'll see what turns up.
I was just joking about your wife getting a night edition. I was also picturing all-black wheels

Kone

Reaction score
I was just joking about your wife getting a night edition. I was also picturing all-black wheels
No worries. I wish she would get a Night Edition Ram, white would be sweet. She likes her car too much, though.

Johnny5

Reaction score
The non night edition rebel are black with alloy/chrome accents. Those might work and could prob find them for a decent price. Or there's guys that paint the inserts on the Laramie/Limited wheels as well. That might work too but I haven't seen too many either...

alpha_brit

Reaction score
No worries. I wish she would get a Night Edition Ram, white would be sweet. She likes her car too much, though.
Yeah, I've got the white night edition on order, and yes it's going to sport a stormtrooper sticker once it shows up

Users who are viewing this thread