5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Wheel to Wheel Running Boards suggestions

tcw3628

Reaction score
I am looking to swap out the OEM wheel to wheel which are stainless with a similar style in black. Unfortunately almost everything I see is not made for new body style. Does anyone have a wheel to wheel black running board (not steps) on the new body style?

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
tcw3628,

I would like to be first in line for a possible chance of purchasing your OEM wheel to wheel side steps for the 6'4 bed!!!!

I may be able to get them through the FCA program (https://www.fcausdriveability.com/ ) as I am making sure I qualify.

I am way down in Florida my trip to PA has been rescheduled for end of the month (May). I definitely understand if you find a local buyer etc... just keep me posted and I will know by tomorrow for sure from 800# about the FCA program.

Thanks for considering me; again I understand if you have buyer already lined up or local sale etc.

Good luck on finding what you are looking for too. Seems the 6'4 bed wheel to wheel have limited options vs. the 5'7 bed.

Check out realtruck.com as they have ability to separate items to specific wheel to wheel items.

Ranger482

Reaction score
Just an option, but you could always powdercoat or plastidip yours black. I know many look down on plastidip, but I've had 2 sets of chrome that I dipped black and the initial application help up for over two years and that's through two Northern Illinois winters. May have lasted longer, I don't know, traded them in. Did my current truck too as I didn't like all the chrome. Can always peel it off if dissatisfied.

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 48

tcw3628

Reaction score
Just an option, but you could always powdercoat or plastidip yours black. I know many look down on plastidip, but I've had 2 sets of chrome that I dipped black and the initial application help up for over two years and that's through two Northern Illinois winters. May have lasted longer, I don't know, traded them in. Did my current truck too as I didn't like all the chrome. Can always peel it off if dissatisfied.
I actually just started looking into powder coating my existing running boards today. I’m just surprised there aren’t more black wheel to wheel available.

Users who are viewing this thread