5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Trim Turning Brown?

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed for the first time on my ‘19 Limited that the trim piece under the passenger headlight has discolored to a dark brown. Anyone else notice? I look at it mid morning with the sun behind me and I was standing maybe 6-8 feet across from the passenger door. Just so you know what angle I first saw this from. My wife says I’m seeing things, my OCD suggests otherwise. Here’s a pic:
9e899c39f897394c55d212bad44cafb8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Body panels color looks a little different on a plastic vs metal piece. It depends on the angle also. Seems fine to me.
Can you post some more pics?

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Body panels color looks a little different on a plastic vs metal piece. It depends on the angle also. Seems fine to me.

I’ll try again tomrw when the sun is in a similar position.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Looked at it again and it’s black again from a different angle. Maybe the paint protection film on it reflects light a bit differently at different angles. Just more for my OCD to contend with!

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Looked at it again and it’s black again from a different angle. Maybe the paint protection film on it reflects light a bit differently at different angles. Just more for my OCD to contend with!

Yep... The film protector will change the color as well.. You're good, just learn to live with it haha

K1135

Reaction score
I actually notice the same thing with mine, I have no pain protection film. Kind of the reason why I decided to buy black instead of the metallic gray ram. That color seems to go from grey to brown depending on the light.

Users who are viewing this thread