5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black screen instead of camera

SmittysTrk

Reaction score
Happened one night about a week ago. Went to back up and the screen only showed a key in the left hand corner. I tried turning the truck off and on but nada. Went in the house and got on the dealers web site and made an appointment. Next day I got in the truck and it worked! Figured I would keep the appointment anyway to get it looked at. So today was the day. They took the truck even though I told them I can't make it happen again. They came back and said they order a new screen. Seems it wasn't communicating with the camera nice. So we'll see I guess.

cervelo15

Reaction score
I had this happen on my 4th Gen Laramie from time to time. It only seemed to happen towards the end before trading it in. Sometimes it would be a black screen, other times it would look like a scrambled picture.

I never did anything about it, but probably should have. I don't trust my backup camera or use it, i use my mirrors instead, so I wasn't too concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread