5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black screen Cycling on and off

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Hey, so aside from Android auto being the worst, and unconnect 5 being slow and unresponsive.
Lately my 12" screen has been glitching where the main large screen stays on or randomly switches from Android auto screen to home, media etc which has been since day 1.

But now those screens will stay, but the bottom and top rows(heated/cooled seat button, screen selector icon etc) disappear.
Now, it randomly cycles the screen to black, then reboots, glitching for 1-2 minutes after reboot. Even with android auto connected, it will say "connect android auto device " even while streaming podcasts from android auto.

Anyone have any similar experience? I try updating. I select my wifi, then nothing happens. Am I missing something?

GMetal

Reaction score
Mine shut off and rebooted a few times last night while driving. I was using carplay. 600 miles on the odometer. This thing might be a problem. It also sometimes wont play the sounds when connected through cable. Maybe thats related to the do not disturb setting?

Bigdumps

Reaction score
I have the do not disturb turned off.
It won't connect to Bluetooth for calls at times, but will still be using android auto to stream. My top and bottom rows are constantly disappearing. Getting really annoyed.
Volume knob 4/10 times does nothing unless I cycle the screen on and off. Still lags when going from one screen to the other.

GMetal

Reaction score
I restart it by holding down the power button till it reboots. Seems to get rid of the current problem.

tgram

Reaction score
I am noticing that everything has been working much better (without so many glitches) when I don't use Apple carplay and especially if I don't run any carplay navigation apps (Apple, Google, or Waze - does not seem to matter). If I set Apple careplay screen to only show app icons (ie instead of leaving one of the navigation apps running at that screen like I used to do, even if I don't select any navigation routes) everything seems more stable. Fortunatelly I can finally do that now that the built in navigation with trafic has been working (and it is awesome - I actually like it better than any of the navigation apps on the phone). Also I only use SiriusXM for music (don't use Apple music at all) - not sure if that makes any difference. As far as phone calls, thankfully I have not had any issues with that so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online