5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Rim Touch Up (First Scratch)

JJameSS

Reaction score
Well I have the Night Edition package with the 22" black rims. I was pulling through a tight drive thru and scratched up my back rim. I am sure yall have ran into this before? Curious what the best result fix would be?

Rim.jpg

camaro430sut

Reaction score
I do this professionally. Would require a repaint. Contact your dealer, they likely have someone like myself

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

JJameSS

Reaction score
I do this professionally. Would require a repaint. Contact your dealer, they likely have someone like myself

I was going to attempt it myself by sanding it with a high grit, wiping it down with some alcohol wipes, and then applying some of this flat black...

1637252487828.png

camaro430sut

Reaction score
You're going to need more than a fine grit paper. I'd attack that with 80 on a 3in grinder to start

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s satin black, don’t buy flat
It depends on which model you have. Limited Night Edition wheels are not even a true black, they are a very dark grey. And they are gloss.

Right rear wheel.jpg

OP didn't specify which model 1500 he has, but based on the pic, you're right that his are satin black.

JJameSS

Reaction score
Hmmm I have heard the Satin Black Rustoleum works and matches good.

truckless

Reaction score
Well I have the Night Edition package with the 22" black rims. I was pulling through a tight drive thru and scratched up my back rim. I am sure yall have ran into this before? Curious what the best result fix would be?

View attachment 111514

I have never had winter rims/tires before and this is exactly why I am getting a set....and never letting my wife drive it ;)

camaro430sut

Reaction score
Anybody kn the CT area. I can fix these wheels, or any others for that matter

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Find a professional place and have them fix it. I did this to my limited wheel and it was $120 to fix.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
Mopar has wheel repair kits.
We are still trying to figure out what color is the match for the laramie night edition wheels.
Black Noise is for the limited.
I think the low gloss black is correct.

I just used Testors 1137 on mine and it is a good match. I didnt prep it good enough so I am going to re sand and re paint when i have time.

mcp6530

Reaction score
Mopar has wheel repair kits.
We are still trying to figure out what color is the match for the laramie night edition wheels.
Black Noise is for the limited.
I think the low gloss black is correct.

I just used Testors 1137 on mine and it is a good match. I didnt prep it good enough so I am going to re sand and re paint when i have time.
You have a limited with 22'' night edition?

camaro430sut

Reaction score
place by me wants $200...
200 to refinish vs 1500ish to replace. I think that's pretty fair.

Full disclosure, that's a guesstimate on replacement cost based on industry standard average

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
You have a limited with 22'' night edition?
No I have a Laramie with the flat black 22's. Which it looks like the OP has.
The black noise touch up was recommended in another thread, but that color is for the Limited night edition 22's I think.
I tried it on my Laramie wheels and it has some silver flake in it.

Users who are viewing this thread