5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Rhino Dugger: they messed up on this design

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Folks,

I've got some Black Rhino Duggers I put on my 2021 Laramie. I only saw pix before I bought them. Yeah, they look great AND their stats are what I wanted (offset, weight, etc.)

However...there's an issue.

The profile of the rim is such that it COLLECTS dirt, mud, snow, ice, and water. It cups it...

Here's a pic:

black rhino water pix, reduced.jpg

That's looking down at it, after driving 20 miles. It rained last night. That water collected there and stayed there throughout the drive. (It's worse with ice and snow. The rock guard is not the problem. It can be removed and it's not water tight. It'll collect mud and ice/snow. Like it did during the "snowbomb" last month in Providence.

I have not noticed vibration when driving, but only because I've scooped out the ice.

So, lesson learned: don't order a rim sight unseen. There should be an unbroken slope from the spokes down to the tire to allow stuff to shed.

Ken

randomforest123

Reaction score
Wow, was about to get one from a local store. Did you still experience the issue after the post?

Ryno

Reaction score
My Black Rhinos have the same thing, can’t remember the model name at the moment, but 6 feet of snow this winter and no issues. This would be the same for beadocks, and this isn’t the reason they aren’t allowed on the street. Really a lot of wheels get packed with snow and mud, in given circumstances. I think you might be making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Apparently you guys have never seen the OEM Tradesman wheels! I will say that braking heat even in the winter does not allow the water to turn to ice, and what is left as the pic above, quickly melts the first good brake. The OEM steel rusts where ever you stop for a period of time. I'll get a pic maybe, but it's the same as above, except inside the face!

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
This is a thing on any wheel that has an undercut lip to simulate a true beadlock unfortunately. My Method 305s do it as well

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, this is a cosmetic issue only.

It's a "live and learn" thing. I like the look of them, but the next rims I purchase, I'll know to make sure they don't have an undercut lip.

Users who are viewing this thread