5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Ram Society

Sandman 514

Reaction score
I missed having a truck. After shopping the big 3, there was only choice for me. A 2023 Ram 1500 Bighorn 4x4, new body, quad cab, 6'4" bed. 5.7 eTorque hemi. I'm in Colorado. My wife and I spend the little time away from work that we have snowboarding (me) / sno-go (her), paddleboarding, and camping with the dog.

My mod path isn't going quit the same direction it did when I was younger. I installed a screen protector, backseat dog hammock, rear under-seat storage tray, direct fit Carven muffler, Line X, and about to install a hard folding tonneau cover. I'm also eyeing a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S before winter comes around again.

Attachments

• 20230608_165327.jpg
    20230608_165327.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20230608_165315.jpg
    20230608_165315.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

cmejatt

Reaction score
Congratulations

How you like the exhaust? Any drone? Like literally any? How loud is it?
Can you share some videos?
I’m on the boat to order same Carven direct muffler replacement but I’m getting mixed reviews

Sandman 514

Reaction score
Congratulations

How you like the exhaust? Any drone? Like literally any? How loud is it?
Can you share some videos?
I’m on the boat to order same Carven direct muffler replacement but I’m getting mixed reviews

It's louder than I expected, but it's nowhere near my old Chevy C10 with Cherry Bomb turn-outs. I have "old man ears" now, so i wasn't trying to be obnoxious or do anything that's not neighborly.

The start-up is louder than I expected, but it simmers down in just a few seconds. If you drive like a normal person, the tone is deeper than stock. Volume is slightly louder, but almost any music at all will cover it. When you really get on it and the truck grabs a couple gears, it's much throatier and the volume increases significantly. To me, there is absolutely no drone, as in a resonance/reverberation. Overall, this definitely gives more exhaust noise than a factory performance exhaust but much less than most aftermarket cat-backs. I would call this toeing the line of being neighborly and might shift depending on where you live and who your neighbors are.

Last edited:

cmejatt

Reaction score
It's louder than I expected, but it's nowhere near my old Chevy C10 with Cherry Bomb turn-outs. I have "old man ears" now, so i wasn't trying to be obnoxious or do anything that's not neighborly.

The start-up is louder than I expected, but it simmers down in just a few seconds. If you drive like a normal person, the tone is deeper than stock. Volume is slightly louder, but almost any music at all will cover it. When you really get on it and the truck grabs a couple gears, it's much throatier and the volume increases significantly. To me, there is absolutely no drone, as in a resonance/reverberation. Overall, this definitely gives more exhaust noise than a factory performance exhaust but much less than most aftermarket cat-backs. I would call this toeing the line of being neighborly and might shift depending on where you live and who your neighbors are.
Got it.

So for my cold start / under load I’m okay.

I drive ALOT mostly on highway 65-75 mph so cannot have any drone. The family will hate it

Users who are viewing this thread