5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black OEM Tow Hook Kit

RN12

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post here! Got my 2019 Ram Laramie 1500 4x4 5.7L V8 with the black appearance package a few months ago. Looking to add black OEM tow hooks with the bezels to go along with them. Best place to buy from?? Any discount codes anyone has? Any help would be appreciated!!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Search around the forum I have been reading they are on back order for the forseeable future but you can buy the hooks and bezels separately.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Following

Me too! But just in case you didn't know, there is a little "watch" button at the top of the thread, you can click on that and be notified when the thread has updates, you don't have to post a comment like you do in some older forums <--- Not a criticism, just trying to be helpful :)

79 300

Reaction score
Search around the forum I have been reading they are on back order for the forseeable future but you can buy the hooks and bezels separately.

I have heard the same thing about them being backordered, nearly impossible to find right now.
I got mine from Mopar Parts online last year and spent around $150 for the tow hooks and the bezel kit. There are some installation videos online that will save you a lot of frustration putting them on.

RN12

Reaction score

Awesome thanks! Called around to some dealers and that’s the answer I got. Looks like Mopar Parts Online is going to be the way to go

Dynamite

Reaction score

ScottishRAM

Reaction score
Still waiting for the chrome hooks. Mopar had a problem with the supplier and discontinued - none available. Will be available again in March '20. Fingers crossed.

Dynamite

Reaction score
Still waiting for the chrome hooks. Mopar had a problem with the supplier and discontinued - none available. Will be available again in March '20. Fingers crossed.

ScottishRAM

Reaction score
Thanks for that eBay link. At $228 thats almost $100 bucks more than the MSRP Mopar price (if I could get them). I also contacted that dealer listing them a few weeks ago and I was told they don't actually have them in stock. So, I guess I'll wait til March and see if they become available as expected.

gotmeahemi

Reaction score
Thanks for that eBay link. At $228 thats almost $100 bucks more than the MSRP Mopar price (if I could get them). I also contacted that dealer listing them a few weeks ago and I was told they don't actually have them in stock. So, I guess I'll wait til March and see if they become available as expected.

The dealer I ordered mine from was very helpful. The woman looked up the “kit” and saw the March date. Then she looked up the parts separately and they all showed available. I order them and she got manager approval to add the 15% off accessories they have listed on the Mopar site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dynamite

Reaction score

Yes its overpriced... Hope mopar release the hooks soon.

ScottishRAM

Reaction score
Woo-hoo DT Chrome Tow Hooks FOUND - After months of searching and waiting I finally found a place that has the Chrome DT Hooks - EastCoast Moparts in Maryland - https://www.eastcoastmoparts.com/search?search_str=tow+hook. I talked to Drew and he said he has more available.

They didn't have the kit so I had to get the right and left individually at $91.52 apiece. I also needed to order the Hex Head Bolts (2) at $5.37 each. A little more than I wanted to spend but cheaper than some eBay sites. You know when you want something you can't get, the cost /need factor compete? The need factor won out. I got the Mopar bezels on Amazon - cheap.

I hope to install this weekend.

Attachments

• Chrome Tow Hooks.GIF
    Chrome Tow Hooks.GIF
    24 KB · Views: 20

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I picked up the black ones a little while ago off of the ebay link above. Haven't gotten around to installling them yet. Are there instructions for this, or is it so easy that anybody who has used a wrench before can do this themselves in 10 minutes?

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I picked up the black ones a little while ago off of the ebay link above. Haven't gotten around to installling them yet. Are there instructions for this, or is it so easy that anybody who has used a wrench before can do this themselves in 10 minutes?
I've done it twice now - added chrome hooks then switched to black. Very easy - 2 bolts for each hook.

Use this video from @DonsRam19 to help you out -

Users who are viewing this thread