5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black night edition wheel options

mhb1638

Reaction score
I'm considering either to swap wheels to aftermarket brands or maybe even swap to OEM standard 22's over the all black ones. Curious how'd that would look....

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
But they looks so nice….. just saying.

Attachments

• 48B1A9E6-127B-4B61-9CE7-FDB7F7A51808.jpeg
    48B1A9E6-127B-4B61-9CE7-FDB7F7A51808.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 120

wvinson

Reaction score
I've always gotten black Rams, but I like the night edition so I'm looking for silver so all the black (including the wheels) will be a contrast.

ShortStack

Reaction score
I ended up with different night edition 22" wheels and plan on painting the raised region the same color as the truck leaving the center (background) black. I have the paint already just waiting for warmer weather.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
But they looks so nice….. just saying.
They don't look quite right on a black truck. They look more dark grey when they're next to real black. At least that's how the wife's looked. First thing she did was upgrade to aftermarket wheels that are actually black. It's not really noticeable on any other color truck, and they are close enough to black. They looked okay on my white truck, but I wanted to go with 18's so I picked up a set of Black-out Rebel wheels. Now I have two complete sets of Limited Night Edition wheels/tires with about 5k miles on them. Any takers? :ROFLMAO:

wvinson

Reaction score
I ended up with different night edition 22" wheels and plan on painting the raised region the same color as the truck leaving the center (background) black. I have the paint already just waiting for warmer weather.
let us know how it turns out -- I'm thinking of modifying my "black" wheels when I get my limited silver night edition.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They don't look quite right on a black truck. They look more dark grey when they're next to real black. At least that's how the wife's looked. First thing she did was upgrade to aftermarket wheels that are actually black. It's not really noticeable on any other color truck, and they are close enough to black. They looked okay on my white truck, but I wanted to go with 18's so I picked up a set of Black-out Rebel wheels. Now I have two complete sets of Limited Night Edition wheels/tires with about 5k miles on them. Any takers? :ROFLMAO:

I don’t understand why the “night” edition wheels are dark grey instead of black to match the mirrors and grill. I bought my truck sight unseen and that was the one thing I was disappointed with. I still love my truck, but one small pet peeve.

xLethoLx

Reaction score
Where are you? I really like the limited night edition wheels/tires.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally I think they go nicely with the "lighter" black parts of the truck like the sideview mirror stems, window moldings, front air dam, edges of the tucked-in power running boards, front sensor arrays, etc. Basically anything that's plastic or rubber and not painted metal.

Users who are viewing this thread