5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Lug Nuts - Which to buy?

sessman

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2021 Laramie Night Edition and it drives me crazy that the lug nuts are silver and everything else is blacked out. I've searched and seen mixed threads debating which lugs to get.

What should I get? I don't care about them being locking, just want them black and good quality.

Thanks!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That and the factory lug nuts "swell" over time that the correct socket will no longer fit. I'm looking to replace mine for both the color and the swelling issue as well, I'll stick around and see what others suggest here.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you send a link? Also, stupid question, can I switch out 1 by 1 in my garage without having to take the wheel off/use a torque wrench etc?
Yes you can do one at a time and not need to lift or jack up the vehicle. You will want to re-torque the new lug nuts as you go tho. I torque mine to 130 ftlb.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Can you send a link? Also, stupid question, can I switch out 1 by 1 in my garage without having to take the wheel off/use a torque wrench etc?
I bought these because my aftermarket wheels have smaller lug nut holes. You could buy the acorn type nuts a little cheaper.

Yes, you can replace each one but it's best to use a torque wrench. If you live in the sun belt, you could probably get away with the Gorilla lug nuts or some of the cheaper ones on Amazon. I live in a snowy climate and those cheap lug nuts rust up pretty quickly.

Last edited:

sessman

Reaction score
I bought these because my aftermarket wheels have smaller lug nut holes. You could buy the acorn type nuts a little cheaper. Yes, you can replace each one but it's best to use a torque wrench. If you live in the sun belt, you could probably get away with the Gorilla lug nuts or some of the cheaper one on Amazon. I live in a snowy climate and those cheap lug nuts rust up pretty quickly.
Thank you, which ones would you get for the stock 22" night edition wheels?

BilletLaramie57

Reaction score
41B62B27-63D3-4AEB-B7A1-BD6BD30933E0.png

Those are what I purchased for my new Fuel wheels I will be installing in the next week or two and I currently have their chrome lug nuts installed on my Laramie Sport wheels. They also sell one piece black lug nuts that are cheaper.
They last through salt and all weather conditions better than any other manufacturer I have seen and that’s coming from 15 years of dealership fixed ops experience. Anything Mcgard is excellent quality and worth what they cost. Best lug nuts you can purchase in my opinion.

sessman

Reaction score
Yes you can do one at a time and not need to lift or jack up the vehicle. You will want to re-torque the new lug nuts as you go tho. I torque mine to 130 ftlb.
Do you mean to torque them to 130 ftlb, drive it a bit then go around and check the lugs again with the torque wrench? Do you typically just do this once? I don't want my wheel running away on me...

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2021 Laramie Night Edition and it drives me crazy that the lug nuts are silver and everything else is blacked out. I've searched and seen mixed threads debating which lugs to get.

What should I get? I don't care about them being locking, just want them black and good quality.

Thanks!
When you do find a good set that are black, get the socket that you can install them and doesn't scratch them.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Yes you can switch them out one by one .

sessman

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/