5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black hood and tailgate badges

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Leased a 2019 laramie new in 2019 and now that lease it up I have purchased considering inventory sucks and new prices are being inflated because of shortages. Now that I purchased this thing I want to start changing out some of the chrome. First I want to change out the hood and tail gate badges to the black ones. Does anyone have the ram part numbers? are there multiple blacks out now? i thought I saw a matte and glossy version if I am not mistaken.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought all of mine from Quitk Parts on Ebay … All OEM parts …. Anything glossy will be aftermarket Chinese …. They are definitely cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tailgate 68276327AA
Front 68298470AA

Factory is either chrome or matte black. If it’s gloss more then likely it’s aftermarket reproductions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did ebay too. Cheaper and more variety than the same as every other Ram on the road.

The tailgate badge has clips in addition to adhesive. I did mine right after taking delivery so it came right off. A 2019 might not be as easy but I am sure a heat gun will be your friend.

The hood emblems just pop out with a clip.

Choate

Reaction score
Y’all inspired me to paint my chrome rear Ram with some primer and paint in one rattle can I had for my bow that I used before. Turned out great! Much easier than dealing with badge removal and adhesive

53AC4975-9932-4BF2-9B24-72A9A3EAB6FC.jpeg

mike90

Reaction score
Y’all inspired me to paint my chrome rear Ram with some primer and paint in one rattle can I had for my bow that I used before. Turned out great! Much easier than dealing with badge removal and adhesive

View attachment 109729

Nice! Did you just tape off the entire rear tailgate?

Choate

Reaction score
Nice! Did you just tape off the entire rear tailgate?

Yep. I taped around it a good ways then got pieces of paper for more coverage area. Didn’t quite tape off the whole tailgate but made sure to do it on a non windy day

Users who are viewing this thread