5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Gorilla wheel lugs

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Has anyone bought the set of Black gorilla lug nuts?
It takes a certain adapter to install and remove lug nuts.
Everything is Black on truck and chrome lug nuts look out of place.

Found cheaper than Gorilla, but don’t want the paint chipping or rusting like my cheap set did on my RzR.
What has everyone else used?
Thanks for anyone’s input

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bought these for my Rebel Wheels: https://a.co/d/9L9SBYh I do my own tire rotations, so I'm not worried about them getting chipped. After one winter, they still look brand new. They are the same size and shape as the stock lug nuts. The Gorilla lug nuts are painted, just like these and the finish isn't any more durable.

I have a set of spline type McGard lug nuts for my summer wheels and they are much more durable/expensive, but they look silly on the OEM wheels.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gorilla splined lug nuts are needed when using aftermarket wheels since the OE lug nuts are often too big.
Those keys use 21mm socket, for future reference.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
I bought these, as my black lug nuts on Jeep are pitted and dinged up from rotating tires. I bought the Black 21-23 mm they fit tight. You spray a dab of hairspray and immediately push on cover.
To remove it comes with a little red tool to catch rear edge to break seal to pull off.

Attachments

• IMG_3677.png
    IMG_3677.png
    197.5 KB · Views: 38

Derrick-23

Reaction score
I got the regular Gorilla black lugs, no spline. Yes, he to get rid of the only chrome on the truck.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought these, as my black lug nuts on Jeep are pitted and dinged up from rotating tires. I bought the Black 21-23 mm they fit tight. You spray a dab of hairspray and immediately push on cover.
To remove it comes with a little red tool to catch rear edge to break seal to pull off.
Same. Just have to put them on.

Users who are viewing this thread