5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black frame behind front doors.

wirles

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the black area on the rear of the window on the front doors a trim piece, painted or is it a sticker? And what is under it? Body color?

GATORB8

Reaction score
I think it's plastic trim, but don't think there is finished bodywork underneath.

Nice thing is it doesn't collect fingerprints like glass or paint.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
on my Laramie the trim piecses are piano black. i have not applied a magnet to them but i suspect that they are a molded plastic part. not like the 4th gen which was a flat black adhesive appliqued.

geotex1

Reaction score
Molded plastic trim pieces for certain. The area is recessed in order to accept the trim and leave it flush on the outside face so I would venture to say the metalwork won't be pretty behind it. To me, big improvement over the 4th Gen. The vinyl on my Sport was replaced 4 times be my dealer until I could not take the inconvenience anymore. I took it to a buddy who is a vinyl pro and had him redo them with quality material and never had another issue.

Users who are viewing this thread