5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Exhaust Tips

thrillracing

Reaction score
Quick question. Do all black exhaust tips have the “M” on them or only the 5” Mopar aftermarket ones?

Hydro-Blue Laramie Lvl 2, Sport, Off-Road Group, Advanced Safety Group, Bed Utility Group, Pano, 3.92, E-Torque, Air-Suspension, Power Boards

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Quick question. Do all black exhaust tips have the “M” on them or only the 5” Mopar aftermarket ones?

Hydro-Blue Laramie Lvl 2, Sport, Off-Road Group, Advanced Safety Group, Bed Utility Group, Pano, 3.92, E-Torque, Air-Suspension, Power Boards
My OEM black tips are smooth. No M on them.

9EE9C35F-3D3A-4B7E-9705-F7AFCA69323D.jpeg A108155C-C260-420F-A3E1-F72BE807912D.jpeg

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thank you all that’s what I needed to know!

U bet.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
How have these held up to corrosion and rust? I really like the black and might swap out my limited Chrome ones since I have a Black Truck.
Only had them about a year, but so far they still look new.

Soulkeeper

Reaction score
How do they sound? My truck has a noticeable rumble when driving down the road. Not like a roar, but that daunting growl when you're being stalked. The odd part is, I bought it like-new, and I'm 99% sure it's the factory ends, but I'm not exactly sure. My last RAM however did not have this sound.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
B2 Fabrication makes 5 inch tips, in stainless and black for $185...
Last time I checked the Mopar tips were quite a bit more than that. I have the stainless version and I love how they look and sound. Sorry for the dark picture, but this is the only pic I have for now that shows the tips. I replaced the stock tips because they didn't hold up well to winter last year, and look terrible now. That thin chrome doesn't stand up well to the chemicals and road grit that's used on the roads here.

IMG_0210.jpg

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
B2 Fabrication makes 5 inch tips, in stainless and black for $185...
Last time I checked the Mopar tips were quite a bit more than that. I have the stainless version and I love how they look and sound. Sorry for the dark picture, but this is the only pic I have for now that shows the tips. I replaced the stock tips because they didn't hold up well to winter last year, and look terrible now. That thin chrome doesn't stand up well to the chemicals and road grit that's used on the roads here.

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
How do they sound? My truck has a noticeable rumble when driving down the road. Not like a roar, but that daunting growl when you're being stalked. The odd part is, I bought it like-new, and I'm 99% sure it's the factory ends, but I'm not exactly sure. My last RAM however did not have this sound.
They sound just like the chrome ones. No difference.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow oem are almost double the price.
That's why I didn't go with the Mopar tips LOL. B2 Fabrication makes quality stuff. I also have their muffler installed. I'm curious to see how they stand up to winter abuse, but I'm optimistic since they are stainless instead of chrome plated like the stock tips. I wanted to get black tips but they were not available at the time I needed them.

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
just ordered b2 black cant wait. one more chrome piece gone. Any problems with not holding position, rattling. fine as long as you just bear down on it?

Users who are viewing this thread