5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Exhaust Tip Recommendations

badzdad

Reaction score
For those of you who swapped out to black exhaust tips, what are you running and how are they holding up? Also, what size are you running? I'm about to order some this week.

dsn112

Reaction score
Got a set of oem for $75 in the for sale section. Love them

mhart88

Reaction score
Has anyone found any that aren't the ones from Carven? $220 seems pretty high for some exhaust tips IMO.

badzdad

Reaction score
Has anyone found any that aren't the ones from Carven? $220 seems pretty high for some exhaust tips IMO.

For dual wall, rolled tips....they arent that high. The part that is the killer is the ball joint kind of connector so you are going to have to either cut off the old ones or go with ones that have that connector like the Carvens. The crap part of that connector is that you cant adjust front to back only up/down/left/right on the ball connection.

AnthonyJS02

Reaction score
I may have some stock black tips from rebel for sale soon. Im assuming they fit any version stock exhaust. Have about 3000 miles on them.

Cross88

Reaction score
I painted my stock ones. A quick scuff, high temp primer then high temp satin black. Turned out great in my opinion, and super simple. At just the cost of a couple cans of paint from the local auto parts store. 5A170DC3-19CA-4D3D-A527-71B4B688AAE5.jpeg

A10

Reaction score
I don’t know how the “tips only” version of Carven is but the tips that came with my cat back version tend to oxidize on the top where they laser etched their name. FYI

flynfish

Reaction score
I painted my stock ones. A quick scuff, high temp primer then high temp satin black. Turned out great in my opinion, and super simple. At just the cost of a couple cans of paint from the local auto parts store. View attachment 35666

Do they come off the muffler or did you just paint with them on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

swarggs

Reaction score
Never mind. I found your post on another forum. Bummer they changed up the tips.

Users who are viewing this thread