5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Armour Bed Mat

WolfcatVader

Reaction score
Just picked up a Black Armour bed mat, I wanted something heavy and rigid. This thing does not disappoint. Pricey, yes, but I am happy with it. Flattened out almost immediately it’s so thick. Whatever I place on it stays put and I like the look. I could literally beat on it with a hammer and do nothing to the bed.

50162735-9546-4CC2-A0AD-DA4F75B56350.jpeg

WolfcatVader

Reaction score
Got it direct from them (blackarmourbedmats.com), it was $275. Like I said, not cheap when you can find mats for $100, but it is 1/2” thick and will outlast the truck.

RBJ

Reaction score
I own a 2021 RAM 1500 DT (6 lug nuts) Limited Longhorn with both the RamBox storage system AND the Multi-Function Tailgate (MFT). It's a Crew Cab with the short bed (5' 7").

Most, if not all, other brands’ rubber bed mats will NOT fit a RAM with both RamBox and MFT.

I am interested in finding out if the Mopar truck bed mat is a precision cut drop-in for a RAM 1500 with the configuration described above.

Please advise if anyone has purchased this Bed Mat and if it’s a precision fit.

Mopar’s website: 2021 Ram 1500 5.7L HEMI V8 4WD Limited Longhorn Crew Cab Bed Mat for 5' 7 Beds - 82215784AB | Libertyville IL

Bed Mat For 5' 7 Beds​

Part Number: 82215784AB
$151.20 (discount price).

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Most, if not all, other brands’ rubber bed mats will NOT fit a RAM with both RamBox and MFT.
MFT doesn't change the size of the bed and wouldn't affect a mat fit.
Ramboxes on the other hand greatly limits it.

Dschmid37

Reaction score
I own a 2021 RAM 1500 DT (6 lug nuts) Limited Longhorn with both the RamBox storage system AND the Multi-Function Tailgate (MFT). It's a Crew Cab with the short bed (5' 7").
I have the same configured truck as you. I went to blackarmourbedmats.com to see if they offered a mat for our set-up. they do not, however, they have a "Trailer" model that comes as a rectangle 5' x 7' that we could cut down (they say easily) to fit our RamBox needs. It's also much cheaper than their custom fit one for the Ram 1500 w/o RamBoxes at only $199.00!

RBJ

Reaction score
I have the same configured truck as you. I went to blackarmourbedmats.com to see if they offered a mat for our set-up. they do not, however, they have a "Trailer" model that comes as a rectangle 5' x 7' that we could cut down (they say easily) to fit our RamBox needs. It's also much cheaper than their custom fit one for the Ram 1500 w/o RamBoxes at only $199.00!
I went back and forth with BlackArmour about their “Trailer bed mat” and how to cut it to fit the truck bed. While they said it can be done with a very sharp razor blade, cutting through half-inch thick vulcanized rubber by hand is very difficult to cut well. They recommend a straight edge to use while cutting and caution that cutting will require several pass through cuts in order to completely slice through 1/2” thick solid rubber! I’m pretty sure getting a do it yourself cut will look like DIY and not fit perfectly.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I went back and forth with BlackArmour about their “Trailer bed mat” and how to cut it to fit the truck bed. While they said it can be done with a very sharp razor blade, cutting through half-inch thick vulcanized rubber by hand is very difficult to cut well. They recommend a straight edge to use while cutting and caution that cutting will require several pass through cuts in order to completely slice through 1/2” thick solid rubber! I’m pretty sure getting a do it yourself cut will look like DIY and not fit perfectly.
Yeah easy depends on the person.
Easy for a factory that cuts these mats with big machines is no problem.
For us? not so likely.

I'm thinking maybe a boxcutter (fixed handle) with a brand new blade cutting on a wood block might be doable, but it's still hard rubber.

Dschmid37

Reaction score
Yes it sounds daunting, but we just need straight cuts for RamBox models. No wheel wells to cut around. Could try a circular saw maybe?!?! Might melt a little rubber though.
Found this on YouTube..

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes it sounds daunting, but we just need straight cuts for RamBox models. No wheel wells to cut around. Could try a circular saw maybe?!?! Might melt a little rubber though.
Found this on YouTube..
Yeah don't use a saw.

I used a Dremel before, and even a Hackzall and it melts the rubber even just a little and looks terrible.

Also the Ramboxes are straight, but do have a curve up on the sides. I wonder how good it could really fit.

That video was exactly what I was talking about, but don't use an adjustable blade handle like him, could hurt yourself.
I couldn't find whatever this is called online so I took a picture of mine. 2023-03-13 13.48.15.jpg 2023-03-13 13.48.27.jpg 2023-03-13 13.48.41.jpg 2023-03-13 13.49.03.jpg

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just picked up a Black Armour bed mat, I wanted something heavy and rigid. This thing does not disappoint. Pricey, yes, but I am happy with it. Flattened out almost immediately it’s so thick. Whatever I place on it stays put and I like the look. I could literally beat on it with a hammer and do nothing to the bed.

View attachment 153965
I like that I’ve been debating whether or not to get one and you’ve helped me find a nice one that will 1. Actually fit 2. Looks good 3. Isn’t a piece of **** and 4. Works like it’s supposed to work!

Thanks for the post and info!

Dschmid37

Reaction score
Yeah don't use a saw.

I used a Dremel before, and even a Hackzall and it melts the rubber even just a little and looks terrible.

Also the Ramboxes are straight, but do have a curve up on the sides. I wonder how good it could really fit.

It's just to keep cargo from shifting and protect the truck bed. It wouldn't matter if you cut it an inch shorter all around. It's not your living room carpet. 🤣

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's just to keep cargo from shifting and protect the truck bed. It wouldn't matter if you cut it an inch shorter all around. It's not your living room carpet. 🤣
But there is nothing to keep it itself from sliding out.
The bed of the truck it not as wide then the tailgate itself.
Are they that heavy that it would not slide out while you are trying to slide something heavy off of it?

Dschmid37

Reaction score
I think I read that it was 100 lbs at 5 x 7. It could slide out if you were dragging your cargo out. My last truck had a 1/4" thick rubber matt and no tonneau cover. It would lift when I was driving, so I screwed down the frt corners. Perfect after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online