5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black appearance package wheel offset

surfingcrna

Reaction score
Can someone verify the pinned post that the offset for the 22x9 OEM wheels for the black appearance package is +19? I've seen +19 in a few places but Discount Tire just said their software shows +30 and the wheels I was ordering that were +18 would not work. I've called 3 local dealers and none of their parts people know the offset. The FCA chat people can't find it. It's a mystery. Thanks

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All stock wheels from Ram for the 19 are +19.

Pay attention to the width of your stock wheels vs the wheels you intend to buy. If the width is not the same, then you have to consider the difference if you want the stock appearance of how far a wheel sticks out.

surfingcrna

Reaction score
All stock wheels from Ram for the 19 are +19.

Pay attention to the width of your stock wheels vs the wheels you intend to buy. If the width is not the same, then you have to consider the difference if you want the stock appearance of how far a wheel sticks out.
That's what I thought. But they disagreed. I had examples of a 20x9 and 18x9 with a similar offset but they said it won't fit. My goal was to alter the tire size to make the overall diameter the same. Is that not correct? So for example a 275/65/r18 is almost the same as the stock 285/45r22 so the 18 inch wheel and tire should be fine if the offset is the same. Or am I missing something?

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what I thought. But they disagreed. I had examples of a 20x9 and 18x9 with a similar offset but they said it won't fit. My goal was to alter the tire size to make the overall diameter the same. Is that not correct? So for example a 275/65/r18 is almost the same as the stock 285/45r22 so the 18 inch wheel and tire should be fine if the offset is the same. Or am I missing something?

18” rims are a YMMV with these 19s because of the increased brake rotor size this year. That may be the issue you are running into with sites or dealers saying they will not fit. The 20” looks good if you want more sidewall.

Users who are viewing this thread