5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black 4x4 Off Road Decals

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone possibly added the black off-road 4x4 decals to their truck? I liked the stickers on my truck bed but I have since blacked out all of the badging and think it would look better if I used the black decals. Thoughts/opinions?
7A908B2B-BE34-4016-ACF8-4DCC6C399271.jpeg 02DA7DA9-DEB3-41A0-BF1E-DB4E448FD7D8.png

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
So far I still have the white decals. I haven't decided if I want to just remove them or remove and replace them with black. Right now I'm leaning towards just removing them all together. How much did you find the black ones for, and do you have a link for those?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far I still have the white decals. I haven't decided if I want to just remove them or remove and replace them with black. Right now I'm leaning towards just removing them all together. How much did you find the black ones for, and do you have a link for those?
I saw some on ebay for like $11 but havent really decided on which ones I would want. I'm still considering it as I am not sure sure how much of an impact it would actually make yet.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I saw some on ebay for like $11 but havent really decided on which ones I would want. I'm still considering it as I am not sure sure how much of an impact it would actually make yet.
I think they would look good on your granite crystal metallic truck if you decide to do it.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think they would look good on your granite crystal metallic truck if you decide to do it.
I may buy one just to see how it looks, only $10-15 if I don’t like it

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My '21 Laramie , Black Crystal, Night Edition, has a dark gray 4x4 Decal.
So it looks subdued and not a bright white decal.

Malodave

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Malodave
Any chance you can post a picture of it? Much appreciated!

saylor

Reaction score
my old lady just did this on her ferd

lay up frog tape or painter tape along the old sticker to make you some straight lines on the side of the truck
heat up the old sticker with a HFT heat gun and peel it
wet the work area with a water sprayer
float the new sticker on
squeegee

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

Malodave
I guess I have those on my Laramie too. They are definitely not bright white. But I'd like them better if they were darker than they are...

IMG_0211.jpg

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I have those on my Laramie too. They are definitely not bright white. But I'd like them better if they were darker than they are...
Yeah I think that if you have any kind of darker tone paint you'll get that off-white/greyish decal and if you have a white truck its a bit darker? I think both my trucks color and yours would benefit from a darker color decal. There are plenty of them on eBay for around $10 a piece that come in either gloss or matte black. I am not sure if I would like matte black or gloss more because the badges I put on are a matte black.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah I think that if you have any kind of darker tone paint you'll get that off-white/greyish decal and if you have a white truck its a bit darker? I think both my trucks color and yours would benefit from a darker color decal. There are plenty of them on eBay for around $10 a piece that come in either gloss or matte black. I am not sure if I would like matte black or gloss more because the badges I put on are a matte black.
I'd opt for matte black if I was going to change them out. I'll be doing matte black badges once the weather warms up, and want the decals to resemble the badges. New black wheels are also in my future. I want to get rid of the little bit of chrome I have. :D

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd opt for matte black if I was going to change them out. I'll be doing matte black badges once the weather warms up, and want the decals to resemble the badges. New black wheels are also in my future. I want to get rid of the little bit of chrome I have. :D
Same thing I am trying to do! Only things left are the exhaust tips and the wheels..

JbVt

Reaction score

Malodave
Mine is also a gray color. Looks real good on my granite paint. I had tried to get the factory to not put it on, but after delivery I was happy with it.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is also a gray color. Looks real good on my granite paint. I had tried to get the factory to not put it on, but after delivery I was happy with it.
Can you post a photo of yours? Curious how it looks on the granite paint.

JbVt

Reaction score
Can you post a photo of yours? Curious how it looks on the granite paint.
Lighting is funky in the garage at work. And truck is filthy. Natural light when truck is clean it blends very nicely. Very subtle.

Attachments

• 6A3853C9-9FD4-4795-9C50-0698696A7C9C.jpeg
    6A3853C9-9FD4-4795-9C50-0698696A7C9C.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 9C4ECCCB-A496-429A-8BF3-8C5D63424631.jpeg
    9C4ECCCB-A496-429A-8BF3-8C5D63424631.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/