5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilsteins at #3 (0.9") with factory ORG rear springs

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
All,
With Bilsteins set to setting #3 (0.9") and ORG springs in the rear, the stance should be close to a truck with the factory ORG package, correct?

Thanks
Ryan

Choate

Reaction score
I could be wrong on this so don’t take my word 100% but I think the ORP gives 1” by itself

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
I could be wrong on this so don’t take my word 100% but I think the ORP gives 1” by itself
You are correct. My truck doesn't have the ORP, but I installed the ORP rear springs and Bilsteins at setting #5. Gonna lower it to setting #3, which will hopefully end up having the stance as an ORP equipped truck.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You are correct. My truck doesn't have the ORP, but I installed the ORP rear springs and Bilsteins at setting #5. Gonna lower it to setting #3, which will hopefully end up having the stance as an ORP equipped truck.
Personally, I'd go with #4 for that little bit of extra in the front. Would still have a slight rake.

EJ84

Reaction score
Did you ever get this done? My truck goes in next week I was thinking about doing the same thing. Should give you 2” total I think. 1” for the springs and 1” for setting 3

EJ84

Reaction score
Can you post some pictures? How’s the ride? Did you do ORP springs front also or just rear?
Thanks

Last edited:

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
I don't have any pics and it was dark when I saw your message. The front springs are the factory non ORP springs that came with my truck, but the rears are the ORP springs. The front Bilsteins are set at #3 and the truck pretty much has the stance of a factory ORP or BLT serve truck.

braddgibbo

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of your truck with the Bilsteins in setting 3 and ORG springs in the rear?

I am considering the same (1") lift - but I am considering using the Bilstein 5100 in the rear which I believe gives 0-1" lift in the rear.

Did you use Bilsteins in the rear as well or just the ORG springs??

Thanks!

JRW323

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of your truck with the Bilsteins in setting 3 and ORG springs in the rear?

I am considering the same (1") lift - but I am considering using the Bilstein 5100 in the rear which I believe gives 0-1" lift in the rear.

Did you use Bilsteins in the rear as well or just the ORG springs??

Thanks!

FYI, Rear shocks do not add lift. When it says 0-1" of lift. It's giving a spec that they are long enough to work with factory to 1" of increase lift. You will have to change the rear springs or use a spring spacer if you want that extra 1".

braddgibbo

Reaction score
FYI, Rear shocks do not add lift. When it says 0-1" of lift. It's giving a spec that they are long enough to work with factory to 1" of increase lift. You will have to change the rear springs or use a spring spacer if you want that extra 1".
Thanks for the response - I am thinking I might use the factory ORG springs front and rear in combination with the 5100s.

Users who are viewing this thread