5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein rear 5160 Resi Shocks are now available!

Chopper 20

Reaction score
Guys, I have a 2020 Big Horn Ecodiesel 4x4 with Off Road Pkg and air suspension. I was under the truck this weekend and noticed the "Heavy Duty" shocks that came with the Off Road package are Hitachi's and don't look so heavy duty. The Bilstein's you guys posted look more so. Anyone know if the Hitachi's on my truck are any good? I need to check to see if the Bilstein's are compatible with the air suspension.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Any reason you went with #4 setting as opposed to 5? How many inches of lift did you get?
To me, I think these trucks look nose high when perfectly level, and personally I don't like the look when the hood line peaks above the bed line. I have 1/2" of rake so I'm cool with it. Hub to fender was ~21.5", currently 25" front 25.5" rear. So approximately 3.5" of front end lift and another 1.5" if I go with 35" tires. Max RL says these trucks can take is 25.5" up front. I'd rather have rake then have the bed droop when loaded.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any 5160 long term reviews?..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread