5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein rear 5160 Resi Shocks are now available!

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
I just noticed that the 5160's are listed on Bilsteins website. They are also listed on a bunch of sites like Summit Racing as available for $210 each.

Kevin O'Leary

Reaction score
I'm debating getting rears after I got 5100 fronts, anyone can tell me if it's worth it? Does it make a huge difference?

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Did you keep your order with RT or cancel and order with Bilstein Lifts?
Called RT early Friday morning and they never got back to me by end of business day. Placed the order on 4/08, contacted them on 4/17, 4/20,23. and 24th with no response. I was about to order from BL but I got an email from UPS for another shipment. I looked at my incoming shipments and noticed an incoming package I didn't recognize......from Bilstein processed on 4/22. Finally otw but wow did RT drop the ball on Customer service. My original call was to get a receipt because I never even got an order confirmation after payment. I will say that this was first negative experience with them. Sorry for the TMI, could have just said Yes, kept the order.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Called RT early Friday morning and they never got back to me by end of business day. Placed the order on 4/08, contacted them on 4/17, 4/20,23. and 24th with no response. I was about to order from BL but I got an email from UPS for another shipment. I looked at my incoming shipments and noticed an incoming package I didn't recognize......from Bilstein processed on 4/22. Finally otw but wow did RT drop the ball on Customer service. My original call was to get a receipt because I never even got an order confirmation after payment. I will say that this was first negative experience with them. Sorry for the TMI, could have just said Yes, kept the order.
Thanks for the info. That is some poor Customer Service. Good luck with the shocks and be sure to give a report. You will probably get yours on before I.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! Can’t wait to hear how they ride!

I put full 5100s on a couple of weeks ago for $399, I’m sure the 5160s would have been even nicer yet, but I’m not doing very much extended high-speed off-roading to think I’d receive much value from the heat dissipation. Maybe I’m wrong tho!

Good luck, gents!

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. That is some poor Customer Service. Good luck with the shocks and be sure to give a report. You will probably get yours on before I.
Probably not for a while actually. I have a RL 3.5" SST kit waiting to be installed w/ Bilstein 5100's Front (no RL preload spacers) and the 5160's in the back. I'm in California so probably won't install until Shelter in place is over.

Ramdo

Reaction score
Just got mine installed Saturday, Will post some better pictures once I pick it up from getting the alignment today.
5100s upfront (5th notch)
5160s rear
Zone Offroad UCA 20200425_131213.jpeg 20200425_131026.jpeg

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Installed mine tonight. Install was easy and straight forward. I removed the wheel well liner from the drivers side because the gas tank was in the way of getting to the top shock nut. It is easy to remove and replace. I only drove a couple miles so don’t have a performance report yet. I should know tomorrow if they make a difference

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I put about 75 miles on the new shocks today and am very pleased. I keep at least 10 psi in my airbags at all times. This has resulted in the rear end kicking up when hitting certain bumps and the reason I wanted better than stock shocks. The 5160’s took care of that problem. Also made the truck feel more planted in curves.
The 5100’s May be just as good. I have no idea as I didn’t try the 5100’s on the rear. I am happy with what I have now and glad I didn’t spend double or triple on a set of shocks.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Just got mine installed Saturday, Will post some better pictures once I pick it up from getting the alignment today.
5100s upfront (5th notch)
5160s rear
Zone Offroad UCA View attachment 54122 View attachment 54123
Can I get a side shot of your truck? I want to see how level it looks. Finally scheduled to have my RL Kit w/o preload installed & the 5100/5160's on June 22nd. Trying to figure out if I want to go #4 or #5 on the 5100's.

Users who are viewing this thread