5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein install help

TangoFoxtrot

Reaction score
I have the adjustable 5100, and a local shop doing the install. The installer is saying they cannot break loose the top flange nut from the old struts. They are wanting me to get basically all the parts to build a new strut as they can't break the old ones down. I have new ORP front springs so I really don't need the old struts. But I cannot locate the lower spring perch for the struts. Has anyone had this issue before or any suggestions? Part numbers? When I search the mopar parts I can't find that spring seat/perch. Does it come with OEM struts, I'd hate to spend $200 just for some spring seats.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'd find a better installer before spending the extra money.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

TangoFoxtrot

Reaction score
I'd find a better installer before spending the extra money.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Thought has crossed my mind, but they are a suspension shop. I think they are concerned with damaging the upper mount.

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Thought has crossed my mind, but they are a suspension shop. I think they are concerned with damaging the upper mount.
Look at the 5100 thread around. How many people have done the same job already before you ?. How many are damaging the upper mounts ?
I'll show them the instructions, if they still say they can't is either because they may have damaged the nut or the nut was damaged from the factory. either way a competent mechanic should be able to do it with the right tools/equipment. If they can't i think i'll run away from this shop as fast i can :)

Last edited:

TangoFoxtrot

Reaction score
Yeah I'm having the same thoughts, it's really not a hard job, I've done plenty of lifts in the past , but never dealt with struts and didn't want deal with the headache. Well sounds like it has backfired on me. I'll go talk to him tomorrow and if he is telling me BS I'll just take it somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread