5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein B12 coil springs plus 5100 shocks

Antioem

Reaction score
Any one running Bilstein B12 coil springs plus 5100 shocks? If so how do you like it? How much lift did you get on the rear? I am wanting to install these along with the 5100 leveling shocks in the front at maximum lift. This would be on a 2019 Laramie w/o air ride suspension.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am. Just recently but only have around 100 miles on so on the setup. 5100 front/rear, b12 springs in the rear 1.5” longer then the stock non org rambox springs. Ride quality is similar to stock with the exception with the rebound not being as bouncy as stock which I still prefer. 5100 are set at stock height up front with Readylifts 2” leveling kit, I wanted to maintain a good ride quality and didn’t want preload spacers or to max out the valving of the shock by going high on the Bilsteins. Overall I still maintained around 1.5” rake in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

397STROKER

Reaction score
I have the B12s on the rear and got 1.5" of lift from them. Mine have been on for a while and still 1.5. read my signature for full details.

russrose316

Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question but the 5100s on the rear cant adjust ride height the springs are needed correct? Otherwise they keep the rear the same height and can lift the front? Looking to get a 1.5-2 inch lift on my truck and trying to make it happen with Bilstein 5100s. Looks like from this post I need front and rear 5100s with the b12 springs in the back.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question but the 5100s on the rear cant adjust ride height the springs are needed correct? Otherwise they keep the rear the same height and can lift the front? Looking to get a 1.5-2 inch lift on my truck and trying to make it happen with Bilstein 5100s. Looks like from this post I need front and rear 5100s with the b12 springs in the back.
You don't need springs in the back unless you want to lift the rear. If you have the ORP you can get up to 3 inches of lift in the front. If not then you can get 2 inches. Either way it will get you close to level without springs in the back.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put 5100s on all the way around with ORP springs in the front and Icons in the rear.
I ended up with 3.5" of lift in the front, at the max clip position of 5, and 2" in the rear.
After driving it for 2 months, my truck's back in the shop right now getting the front dropped to position 4.
There just wasn't enough travel left in the rebound stroke, although it drove fine otherwise.

troymi

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps but I put 6112s in front at highest lift. ORG springs in rear with OE shocks. Have 7k miles on with no issues. Smooth ride but I also put on 295/70/18 tires. Front just settled and I have a very slight rub in reverse at full lock.

Users who are viewing this thread