5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 8112 external reservoir coilovers

mp1

Reaction score
I had 5100s on all corners at first. To be honest, the 5100s drive slightly better on the streets. When I switched to the 8112/8100s I immediately noticed that the rebound is ridiculously fast. I've only taken it off-roading a few times to the desert, but didn't get all crazy with it...I'm still hesitant to take too much risk with a nice expensive truck lol.

Here are a couple from the install. For the front 8112s, I know Bilstein doesn't put the reservoir where Fox puts theirs, Bilstein has it tucked behind the bumper where Fox has it in the middle of the wheel well for all to see.
1645465020929.png
1645465032730.png
Not too visible in the front. The rear isn't so bad if you cut the plastic liner to reveal the shock more...

Daverous

Reaction score
Did you happen to get a picture of the front resi mounting brackets? Were they bolt on or did they requiring drilling? Now that I've seen them I like that position. Wonder if they sell them stand alone?

mp1

Reaction score
Did you happen to get a picture of the front resi mounting brackets? Were they bolt on or did they requiring drilling? Now that I've seen them I like that position. Wonder if they sell them stand alone?
I don't believe they needed to be drilled - just bolt on. Bilstein installed them for me since they used my truck for the installation directions. Hopefully this link works...

I know Bilstein sells a fair amount of parts for their kits. However, I'm not sure if that particular part is one of them. Might be worth a call to them and find out. Just out of curiosity, why would you want to buy that part alone?

Daverous

Reaction score
That's helpful, thank you.

To answer your question, I'm testing out a new kit from Icon and don't like their mounting solution for my remotes on the front.

mp1

Reaction score
That's helpful, thank you.

To answer your question, I'm testing out a new kit from Icon and don't like their mounting solution for my remotes on the front.
Ah, gotchya. Well since you really can't see where the resi is mounted after the wheel goes on, I'm guessing any sort of mounting bracket will work. Good luck!

mp1

Reaction score
Those front and rear shocks are gorgeous, it’s a shame so much of them are covered up. Your wheels look great also!
Thanks! It's also a shame our UCA's are hidden as much as they are. Bilstein will soon be releasing an UCA for the RAM, but it just isn't as visible as a Tacoma or Tundra UCA unfortunately.

George_RAM

Reaction score
Thanks! It's also a shame our UCA's are hidden as much as they are. Bilstein will soon be releasing an UCA for the RAM, but it just isn't as visible as a Tacoma or Tundra UCA unfortunately.
Really nice setup; thank you for sharing the pictures. Do you think you can help us with Bilstein to get these shocks? Lol, they seem to be out of stock everywhere. Have you had the chance to test them offroad any additional thoughts on the ride quality?

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread