5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 6112 setup with/without ORP

theblakester

Reaction score
I think you may have confused the 5100 with the 6112.?. The 6112 has 8 clip positions and the 5100 has 5 clip positions.

Below is a screen shot of install instruction from the 6112 showing the 8 clip positions. Here is a link to the install instructions. https://productdeskapi.cart.bilsteinus.com/media/products/bilstein/E4-WM5-Y654A00_2.pdf

View attachment 86773

As far as the ride quality, it is really good. Not "Harsh" at all in my opinion. Keep in mind I also upgraded my rear springs to the Icon's. Truck seems to stay in contact with the road better without any harsh effects when you fit a bump if that makes any sense... I have only driven it for 50 miles so far however.

Hope this helps..
Does anyone have the diagram of the front 5100s that shows the lift height achieved per clip with and without ORP?

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
Hey had my 6112 installed About a week ago. Ride is great and height is great. But I’m hearing a very light chirp/squeak when I driving. Any thoughts on that?

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
Hey had my 6112 installed About a week ago. Ride is great and height is great. But I’m hearing a very light chirp/squeak when I driving. Any thoughts on that?
Did you have new ucas installed? If so did they Grease the ball joints?

Truck$-4life

Reaction score
So
I think you may have confused the 5100 with the 6112.?. The 6112 has 8 clip positions and the 5100 has 5 clip positions.

Below is a screen shot of install instruction from the 6112 showing the 8 clip positions. Here is a link to the install instructions. https://productdeskapi.cart.bilsteinus.com/media/products/bilstein/E4-WM5-Y654A00_2.pdf

View attachment 86773

As far as the ride quality, it is really good. Not "Harsh" at all in my opinion. Keep in mind I also upgraded my rear springs to the Icon's. Truck seems to stay in contact with the road better without any harsh effects when you fit a bump if that makes any sense... I have only driven it for 50 miles so far however.

Hope this helps..
I have a 2022 1500 larmie and it's basicly exactly 2 inches higher from the back to the front.. say I do #7 will they even out over time?

EricBrums89

Reaction score
So

I have a 2022 1500 larmie and it's basicly exactly 2 inches higher from the back to the front.. say I do #7 will they even out over time?
I have a 2022 Laramie also. I had almost 2.25” of rake before putting the 6112s at #7. After about 1000 miles of driving, I’d say they have settled about 0.25” or so. I have a slight rake but it’s awfully hard to tell with the shape of our hoods. #7 should get you pretty close to perfectly level if you’re okay with the squatted look until it settles. You may not even be able to tell the front is slightly higher though.

Users who are viewing this thread