5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 6112 - Circlip #8 - ride quality

VanIsland

Reaction score
Hey guys,

6112’s going in next week. I’ll be setting them at circlip #8. Who’s got them on their truck and how do you find the ride at clip #8?

Thanks!

Attachments

• A0DD22A7-5D77-4327-A7F4-99730E50F34A.jpeg
    A0DD22A7-5D77-4327-A7F4-99730E50F34A.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: c3k

DOFF

Reaction score
I just had mine put on clip 8 yesterday. Ride is great. Responsive, less bouncy, truck seems to correct itself quickly after a hard turn or hitting big bumps. I love it so far. Looking to hit some trails soon to test the mid range hopefully

VanIsland

Reaction score
I just had mine put on clip 8 yesterday. Ride is great. Responsive, less bouncy, truck seems to correct itself quickly after a hard turn or hitting big bumps. I love it so far. Looking to hit some trails soon to test the mid range hopefully
Thanks, that’s what I wanted to hear

Evo_KnEvo

Reaction score
Did mine on #8 on Monday. I have 200 miles on them as of right now. Another 50 by this evening. The road leading to Dow Chemical is like a washboard seriously. No complaints so far.

DOFF

Reaction score
@DOFF how is the ride quality on the 8th clip? I’m doing mine this weekend.
Ride quality over washboards around 45 mph is good. I can really feel the suspension work when I hit bigger dips. Around town feels fine with no bottoming out. Biggest factor for me right now is playing with the tire pressure. Some guys on here were saying run your tires at 40-45 on road, 30-35 off-roading. So I did. Super harsh. My buddy at work has a heavily modded tundra with kings and E rated tires. He airs down to 20 with no bead locks and said it makes a world of difference. He runs his tires on road at 30-32. People say “well ya but you gotta balance ride comfort and mpg”. If your looking for good mpg….you shouldn’t have bought a 400hp HEMI and put plus size tires on it 🤣

Best shocks in the world are gonna be harsh if you have an inflated e rated tire. I’m going on another camping trip in a couple weeks and gonna try to air down to his recommended PSIs and I’ll repost how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online