5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100s installed - Something doesn't seem right

NoOtherHobby

Reaction score
Today I had bilstein 5100s installed on my 2020 Rebel by a local shop. At the time they also put in Readylift UCAs. The front passenger side from ground to mid fender flare is about 0.75" taller than the rear. I understood that the 5100s would leave a slight rake, but I now have a slight squat. Also, the front passenger side is higher than the front driver side by about 0.5". Here are two pics of the 5100s installed. Do any of you see anything wrong with the install? Again, this is on a 2020 Rebel (non air ride). Everything else is stock. Just trying to figure out why my truck is now a little nose high and taller on the passenger side.

In doing a little more research, it looks like the spring seat adapter was used but as I understand it that is not supposed to be used on the Rebel. Can anyone confirm?

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Passenger Side.jpg
    Passenger Side.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Driver Side.jpg
    Driver Side.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

FLArebel

Reaction score
This happened to me, very common. The aluminum perch should not be installed on the rebel, it already has it.

NoOtherHobby

Reaction score
Appreciate the input guys. A follow up question: When I take it back to the shop to have them remove the adapter, does the truck need another alignment? Just want to make sure I have all of the info I need before going back. Thanks again.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would at least have them check the alignment, I know most shops in my area will check it for free and charge if you wanted it aligned. I’d ask for a printout to make sure everything is good.

Users who are viewing this thread