5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100 with Icon springs in rear

Truckguy

Reaction score
Finally had my components installed. I been having a hard time getting the time to do this so I paid to have it done and still had trouble getting an appointment that worked with my schedule. Anyways, I went with ORP front springs and Bilstein 5100 on setting 5 with mopar lift OEM UCA’s. In the rear I put bilstein 5100 shocks and Icon dual rate springs. I did not have the ORP originally. I netted 3 inches in the front and 1.5 inches in the rear. The ride has been really good so far. Seems more planted and no more floating feeling. I can feel the bumps just a small amount more but the truck recovers very fast now. Will be getting tires this week. Here is a pic next to a factory height non ORP RAM.

Attachments

• 3E245916-4B5F-4516-905F-F623BAFB710A.jpeg
    3E245916-4B5F-4516-905F-F623BAFB710A.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 159

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you think the UCA’s were needed?.. I did the same up front without changing the factory UCA’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichB

Reaction score
I too am planning to install the bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks. I have a 19 Ram 1500 Lonestar and need the more aggressive look to go with 33.5 in tires.

My question is the same as New Love....do you need the UCA with these shocks. Is there any negative impact if you dont install the UCAs? Also, I wasn not planning to change the stock springs. Can anyone offer their opinions on keeping the stock springs with this shock change or should the springs be replaced as well? Please help, i'm new to the lift thing and learning a lot fast.

Truckguy

Reaction score
Do you think the UCA’s were needed?.. I did the same up front without changing the factory UCA’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They probably are not needed but the molar uca was $120 shipped. It is added in the molar 2inch lift so I went ahead and threw it in.

Truckguy

Reaction score
I too am planning to install the bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks. I have a 19 Ram 1500 Lonestar and need the more aggressive look to go with 33.5 in tires.

My question is the same as New Love....do you need the UCA with these shocks. Is there any negative impact if you dont install the UCAs? Also, I wasn not planning to change the stock springs. Can anyone offer their opinions on keeping the stock springs with this shock change or should the springs be replaced as well? Please help, i'm new to the lift thing and learning a lot fast.
You don’t have to do them but for the cost it was so cheap I just went ahead

Truckguy

Reaction score
Finally got tires put on. Nitto Ridge Grapplers 275/60/20 XL load range. After riding around with the lift and factory tires and then putting these in I can confidently say the tires affected the ride way more than the lift. The ride is still good but a much more noticeable difference over the factory ride. The small amount of increase in weight is also noticeable with the 3.21 gears. I will give it a few weeks to determine the mpg loss

Attachments

• ECDC2E4C-DF9B-4F63-B94E-B10F5431DDE5.jpeg
    ECDC2E4C-DF9B-4F63-B94E-B10F5431DDE5.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 138

Users who are viewing this thread