5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100 vs. 6112

Cofirecaptain

Reaction score
Hello,
Getting ready to pull the trigger on the parts to level my 21 Rebel. Was considering the 5100's and Rough Country UCA's but I also saw the post on the 6112's that indicated you could run them on setting 8 without having to change the UCA's. I do not offroad, just looking to level without changing the quality of the ride on the road, any inputs on which setup I should go with? Thanks!

mcosub

Reaction score
I’ll be watching this one also for the feedback.

Cofirecaptain

Reaction score
Did some more searching and watched this youtube video
Decided on the 5100's with the Rough Country UCA's based on the type of driving I do and watching my budget knowing that I have other mod's planned!

mcosub

Reaction score
I thought using the 5100’s didn’t require upper control arm swap out?

DOFF

Reaction score
I thought using the 5100’s didn’t require upper control arm swap out?
It’s a good idea to swap them out if you plan on off-roading or any type of articulation that may cause UCA to come to full droop. People level the trucks and say the UCA looks fine, which while on pavement it does. The issue is maxing your suspension causing your UCA to swing down and busting your bushing.
If you plan on staying on pavement you’re probably fine without upgrading UCA. But if you’re gonna do some off-roading, it’s a piece of mind so you’re not getting your truck towed home.
There’s a couple posts on here from guys who didn’t upgrade UCA and the damage it caused…

mcosub

Reaction score
It’s a good idea to swap them out if you plan on off-roading or any type of articulation that may cause UCA to come to full droop. People level the trucks and say the UCA looks fine, which while on pavement it does. The issue is maxing your suspension causing your UCA to swing down and busting your bushing.
If you plan on staying on pavement you’re probably fine without upgrading UCA. But if you’re gonna do some off-roading, it’s a piece of mind so you’re not getting your truck towed home.
There’s a couple posts on here from guys who didn’t upgrade UCA and the damage it caused…
Thanks for clarifying

Users who are viewing this thread