5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100 shocks???

kittyjo

Reaction score
Any updates on when these are going to be available for the 19’s?

blacksmoke06

Reaction score
Any updates on when these are going to be available for the 19’s?

This is what I was told by a Bilstein rep.
“I would probably expect Septemberish on 4600 & 5100. And on 6112 & 5160 probably late October into November.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAMpageV8

Reaction score
Hi, everybody! I’m the kind of driver that only wants to get from point A to point B safely and comfortably. My truck is mostly street driven and has no mods to the suspension.
Rarely do I take a ride into the backcountry for fishing and it feels like I’m driving a tank (not that I ever drove a tank).
I’ve been thinking of replacing the stock shocks with Bilsteins: https://4wdlife.com/shocks-for-dodge-ram-1500
What do you guys think?

MFALRAM

Reaction score
Hi, everybody! I’m the kind of driver that only wants to get from point A to point B safely and comfortably. My truck is mostly street driven and has no mods to the suspension.
Rarely do I take a ride into the backcountry for fishing and it feels like I’m driving a tank (not that I ever drove a tank).
I’ve been thinking of replacing the stock shocks with Bilsteins: https://4wdlife.com/shocks-for-dodge-ram-1500
What do you guys think?
If your driving 2018 or older you can use those shocks. I’m waiting for bilsteins for my 2019 which they haven’t come out with yet. So if you have a new ram like myself you’ll have to wait with the rest of us.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man I hope they really do get the 5100’s out by Sept., that’s what I’m waiting on, nothing but crappy options or really expensive options available right now.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Wud it be possible to get the bilsteins 4inch shocks with rear airbags for towing?

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not aware of a 4” Bilstein 5100 shock for leveling of any kind, are you talking about 4” diameter shocks?

Jhousex12x

Reaction score
Someone on the RAM facebook page said something about RAM having the rights till the end of 2019 for something. Im kinda in the same boat as you, the way im looking at it is the struts are still new so i might just stick a 2.5 inch spacer lift on and maybe in a couple years switch to the bilsteins.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Someone on the RAM facebook page said something about RAM having the rights till the end of 2019 for something. Im kinda in the same boat as you, the way im looking at it is the struts are still new so i might just stick a 2.5 inch spacer lift on and maybe in a couple years switch to the bilsteins.
I’m just thinking about just getting a 6inch bds kit with fox shox... I have a a place where I can get a very good deal here in nc...

Jhousex12x

Reaction score
I’m just thinking about just getting a 6inch bds kit with fox shox... I have a a place where I can get a very good deal here in nc...
Hell ya man, i would do that but i would like it to fit in my garage haha, my 2011 ram with 6 inch lift didnt fit :p

Users who are viewing this thread