5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100 Ride Quality

Ollie2023

Reaction score
2019 Ram Laramie 1500 4X4
I was wondering how the Bilstein 5100s with the setting at 1.5-2” of lift in the front affects the ride vs stock struts.
One thing I love as a new to Ram owner is the ride vs the ‘17 silverado I had. I put a set of 5100s on the Silverado with it set to 3/4” lift and it made the ride even worse front and back (I also had a spacer level and bigger rear blocks on the Chevy)
I would like to level the Ram but don’t want to completely lose the ride quality, I can accept a little worse ride.
I searched and couldn’t find the answer I needed.
Thanks

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2019 Ram Laramie 1500 4X4
I was wondering how the Bilstein 5100s with the setting at 1.5-2” of lift in the front affects the ride vs stock struts.
One thing I love as a new to Ram owner is the ride vs the ‘17 silverado I had. I put a set of 5100s on the Silverado with it set to 3/4” lift and it made the ride even worse front and back (I also had a spacer level and bigger rear blocks on the Chevy)
I would like to level the Ram but don’t want to completely lose the ride quality, I can accept a little worse ride.
I searched and couldn’t find the answer I needed.
Thanks
I effected, IMO. Ride quality is still great.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the spacers and extra rear lift blocks hurt your Chevy's ride.

I have, and have had, Bilstein 5100's on my last 4 trucks (F250, 2 F150s, and the RAM 1500). All of them have rode better than stock, and I had them all set to the 2nd or 3rd notch up from factory ride height. (I tow and need the rake)

Users who are viewing this thread