5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100 leveling kit question about UCA

Polish Falcon

Reaction score
Just got back from alignment at the dealer. Some readings are still out after alignment but the dealer claims they cannot be adjusted. Here are the numbers in case it is helpful to someone... this is with everything stock except 1.3" (position 4) front Bilsteins.

Left front camber: Before 0.6*, after 0.6* OUT OF SPEC
Left front caster: Before 4.7*, after 4.7*, OUT OF SPEC
Left front toe: Before -0.57*, after 0.03*

Right front camber: Before 0.3*, after 0.4*
Right front caster: Before 4.5*, after 4.5* OUT OF SPEC
Right front toe: Before 0.23*, after 0.04*

Total toe: Before -0.34*, after 0.07*
Steer ahead: Before -0.40*, after 0.00*

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from alignment at the dealer. Some readings are still out after alignment but the dealer claims they cannot be adjusted. Here are the numbers in case it is helpful to someone... this is with everything stock except 1.3" (position 4) front Bilsteins.

Caster isn't that big of a deal, and can't be adjusted. Woukdnt surprise me if it would have been out of spec even before you added the Bilstiens. They should have been able to adjust camber. My alignment guy had no issues getting mine within spec. Just based on your numbers, looks like the dealer just did a toe and go alignment so it would drive straight

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I didn't catch whether you got aftermarket UCA's. Some techs that don't do off road equipment don't know what to do with them. From now on you should use a shop that does.

Polish Falcon

Reaction score
I didn't catch whether you got aftermarket UCA's. Some techs that don't do off road equipment don't know what to do with them. From now on you should use a shop that does.
Nope truck is bone stock except for the 1.3" leveling Bilsteins.

TwinDadWagen

Reaction score
So the end result of using setting 4, 1.3” lift, was 1/2” rake. Fronts now 37.75”, rears 38.25” with stock rear setup.
Hey. I’ve been searching everywhere for someone who didn’t Jack the front all the way up. Your setting is what I’ve been looking to do as well. I am between the .9” or the 1.3”. I tow a travel trailer and don’t want it nose high when loaded. Even with airbags it does settle a little and I don’t want to raise the back. What size tires did you go to? Do you have any pictures? Thanks

Polish Falcon

Reaction score
Hey. I’ve been searching everywhere for someone who didn’t Jack the front all the way up. Your setting is what I’ve been looking to do as well. I am between the .9” or the 1.3”. I tow a travel trailer and don’t want it nose high when loaded. Even with airbags it does settle a little and I don’t want to raise the back. What size tires did you go to? Do you have any pictures? Thanks
Sure here you go. Haven’t done anything yet with tires. Spent a couple weeks researching wheel spacers or new wheels but eventually decided to stay stock, mostly because of a post in another thread where I asked a guy who had the same spacers I was considering say he didn’t notice any improvement in handling. Since my existing tires are still good I haven’t done anything but am thinking about going to a 285/55-20, ran those on a previous truck and liked them (don’t want to use an LT tire because of the decreased braking and acceleration).

IMG_6251.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread