5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BILSTEIN 5100 adjustable struts

Rtwoody4

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get the BILSTEIN 5100 adjustable struts they seem to be out of stock everywhere anyone know when they’ll be back in stock?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'd suggest placing an order and waiting. Orders are being filled in the order received.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Zeeya

Reaction score
Same problem here. Ordered 12/17 and had an estimated delivery date of 1-6. It was updated to delivery date of 2-6. They just updated it to 4-3. I called and canceled the order. Crazy.
I'm thinking about getting the Bilstein 6112's, but not sure if they are rougher than the 5100's.

merdon1332000

Reaction score

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Same problem here. Ordered 12/17 and had an estimated delivery date of 1-6. It was updated to delivery date of 2-6. They just updated it to 4-3. I called and canceled the order. Crazy.
I'm thinking about getting the Bilstein 6112's, but not sure if they are rougher than the 5100's.
They're so much better in any respect compared to 5100's. Plus they can be rebuilt by Bisltein when their time comes. Check with shock surplus they can sell you 6112's fully built you just tell them what heigth do you wanted them at. Makes for a plug and play install and you get to keep your factory struts in case you ever sell the truck so going back to stock is easy.

Zeeya

Reaction score
They're so much better in any respect compared to 5100's. Plus they can be rebuilt by Bisltein when their time comes. Check with shock surplus they can sell you 6112's fully built you just tell them what heigth do you wanted them at. Makes for a plug and play install and you get to keep your factory struts in case you ever sell the truck so going back to stock is easy.
Shocksurplus is now showing the 6112 as out of stock..... Can't catch a break............ LOL.. Going to the dealer tomorrow so they can order my new modified floor mat. I refused to let them cut my original. They keep several lifted/leveled trucks on the lot and they do them in house. I am going to see what they are using and maybe take a ride in one... Thanks for the info...

Zeeya

Reaction score
just checked 3 more left this morning at bilsteinlifts.com
I got an email early this morning from bilsteinlifts.com that they had the 5100's back in stock. Ordered them right away and UPS shows them being delivered on Monday.. Relieved....................... Now to get them installed. Dealership quoted me $380 and a local custom shop that does lifts quoted me $180... No question on who to go with and they have a good reputation around town..
Center of hub to fender is 21 1/4" and the rear is 23 1/2". I am going with setting 5 and hopefully that will get it close to level.
Thanks for advice on putting my name on the list at bilsteinlifts.com

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds crazy but check homedepot.com.

That’s where I got mine from and was able to use a coupon making them dirt cheap!

puba08

Reaction score
Just order the Eibachs. Basically the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread