5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billet Silver vs. Max Steel

ballgame168

Reaction score
Finally placing my order for a Limited tomorrow. Stilling waffling on color and totally obsessing. My wife jokingly told me yesterday that my obsession with this truck is one of my least attractive qualities LOL (at least I think she was joking...). What’s everyone’s opinion on these two color options?

Couchsachraga

Reaction score
Having owned 2 silver vehicles in a row I wanted something different (and I think the silver is too "light" too); I waffled between granite crystal metallic and maximum steel metallic and chose the latter after seeing them in person (in a row with the silver one actually). Hoping to receive mine this week!

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Like them both my 16 was max steel and my 11 and current 19 are silver

Lonestar21

Reaction score
I currently have the 19 granite crystal and I had the 15 brilliant black. So max steel lands in between and it’s hard to keep both clean and hide dust/dirt.
I have always wanted the billet silver,because of the obvious it looks cleaner longer and overall it’s a nice ‘clean’ color.

My vote Billet Silver!

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
Finally placing my order for a Limited tomorrow. Stilling waffling on color and totally obsessing. My wife jokingly told me yesterday that my obsession with this truck is one of my least attractive qualities LOL (at least I think she was joking...). What’s everyone’s opinion on these two color options?
I had this dilhemma too. Just placed on Friday. Was between the Granite Charcoal and Max Steel. I opted for Max Steel basically because I love the color AND depending on what light you catch it in it can look like a different color.

Phiefer

Reaction score
My dealer was nice enough to let me order a black limited and a silver limited 45 days later with option to take either.I was planning to take the silver, but due to the long delay for etorque and rambox, when the black limited came in 2 weeks ago, i could wait no longer and bought it.
The silver truck is built but is being held in the Mopar Body yard for the last 2 weeks.
The toughest part of buying one of these 2019 Rams is picking the color. They all look great!!!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My two final choices also. Went with silver "again" due to long term ownership. My 2001 Ram 1500 still looks pretty good after 17 1/2 years on the street. I do not think a dark color like max steel would look as good.
NYC air quality would have the max steel lose it's luster faster than silver.
If I was leasing for 3 years I would go max steel, but owning for long term the billet silver.

anthonysnell

Reaction score
Both are nice colours but the limited chrome contrast against max steel looks sharp. The chrome is less distinct on the silver. Max steel is less common on the roads and does have different looks depending on the light and angle. Silver is great for hiding the dirt and the lighter colours sometimes make a vehicle look larger (maybe just me). I spent a lot of time going back and forth on the two plus granite and I asked a few sales guys through the process who see a lot of rams come and go and maximum steel was often stated to be the most underrated colour. Few know the colour well and tend to stick with what's safe. Most feedback I read where people went with the max steel and were on the fence....love the colour and are happy with their decision.

Fidomac

Reaction score
If you live in a hot part of the country I would go with the silver

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This opinion is coming from an owner of a 2017 Bright Silver 1500. I personally love the Billet Silver compared to the previous generation Bright Silver. The new Billet Silver has darker undertones and has a more grayish hue to it...it's not as blindingly bright as the Bright Silver. If I were choosing between Billet Silver or Max Steel, Billet SIlver all the way.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Max Steel here. I also put them (silver and max steel) side by side. The decision at that point became very clear. Max Steel was the winner! 3 weeks ownership and loving every minute of driving it!

John813

Reaction score
I typically go black, but I did like the Max Steel color.
Maybe one regret, color wise.
Unique color.

Users who are viewing this thread