5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bighorn "Keyless Go"

jshirlotsky

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I just recently purchased a 2019 Bighorn and on the window sticker it states it has Keyless Go. Now I had a 2017 Charger which also said Keyless Go and it was like your typical smart key system where you could onlock the doors without taking the key out of your pocket. My Ram however does not lock/unlock when I touch the door handle. I do have a push button start so I am just a little confused as to whether or not this is how it is supposed to be. Do I really have to take the key out of my pocket to lock/unlock the truck but not to start it!?

PTRAM

Reaction score
Oh ok. Thanks for the help. Kind of stupid in my opinion if they give you the smart key and push button anyway. But what do I know lol

You know as much as I knew. I just assumed it had it as my 2 017 Jeep Cherokee has it, but you never assume anything or listen to a salesman who said it had it, but I think that was after I had already signed on the dotted line, so my fault. When I remote start it, I start it and then unlock the doors immediately as my Ram sits outside my kitchen window and headed there anyhow as soon as I remote start it if the weather is cold. My window sticker doesn't say Keyless go--just remote start system.

Mrdeeds

Reaction score
Is it possible to add the enter-and-go to a big Horn after purchase?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it possible to add the enter-and-go to a big Horn after purchase?
I don't think anyone here has tried it that I know of. I doubt it's possible without a lot of work. Most of the time these kind of features are contained in the BCM (body control module), and you'd have to have a different one of those plus programming and the right equipment. Just about anything is possible on a vehicle if you want to throw enough money at it - after all, they had to put the equipment in for those who were getting the enter & go at the assembly line - but most people wouldn't be willing to spend unlimited funds for a small option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online