5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest tires with air suspension

Davezl1

Reaction score
What’s the Biggest a/t tire I can fit on a Laramie with air suspension and stock 22” rims? I don’t want it to look completely stuffed in the front in normal mode. I don’t care how it looks in aero as long as it doesn’t rub. I’m considering doing a leveling kit in the front with the Revel leveling links, but I’m worried about messing with the stock warranty on the air ride. I hate the look of the stock tires. Anyone have pictures of bigger more aggressive tires on these rims with stock suspension?

Reaction score
Smaller than the stock suspension since it lowers down on the highway... Should have gone with the stock or off road package.

whardwick

Reaction score
I'm on 285/60/20s and they rub in entry/exit a lot, and aero a decent amount. Once in a while I'll hear a tiny rub in normal if I'm turning hard in a parking lot.

Perhaps 275/65/20 or something would have been better.

Davezl1

Reaction score
Well I went with 33x12.5x22’s Toyo a/t 2’s. They rub at full lock. They look better than than stock but not as good as I was hoping, and have a noticeably firmer ride. Considering leveling the front now. I’m wondering how much of a hassle I’ll have with warranty with just a leveling kit and level links.

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
I have 33x12.5x20 on my Limited with air suspension and they don't rub in any height. They have plenty of room. And I know people who have 35"s on stock air suspension with just minor trimming.
20181223_114518.jpg

Draw007

Reaction score
I have 33x12.5x20 on my Limited with air suspension and they don't rub in any height. They have plenty of room. And I know people who have 35"s on stock air suspension with just minor trimming.
View attachment 19045

Got any shots showing how much those poke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davezl1

Reaction score
mines 4x4 and it definitely rubs at full turn in normal suspension mode

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
I believe the 4WD and 2WD suspension is exactly the same on the new trucks.

The tires are flush. Sorry I don't have any better photos at the moment. I have no rubbing in any height setting.
20181223_114850.jpg 20181223_115114.jpg 20181223_114939-01.jpg

Webbd30

Reaction score
275/65r20

Load that wheel well up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

myram2019

Reaction score
It's weird as many say the have no rubbing and others say they have rubbing with same setups ? Don't know who to believe anymore. LOL
What tire and offset works the best then ?? ( NO rubbing )

myram2019

Reaction score
Ok so I pulled the trigger and did it. Went with 33x12.5x20 o. moto metal rims. No rubbing what so ever on ever height. Couldn’t be more pleased. 19641

JeffK2019

Reaction score
Ok so I pulled the trigger and did it. Went with 33x12.5x20 o. moto metal rims. No rubbing what so ever on ever height. Couldn’t be more pleased. View attachment 19641
Love your truck.....but then I guess I would, ordered about the exact same thing! I don't see it listed in your mods but double checking, any leveling kit on that truck? It looks fairly level to me in that pic you shared. I was nervous about altering the suspension. That rim/wheel combo - how far out do they stick from fender? Curious about tossing rocks/dirt, etc.. up onto fenders - my job requires a fair amount of mud/muck travel and not a big fan of the mud flap look. Again awesome tuck!

myram2019

Reaction score
Love your truck.....but then I guess I would, ordered about the exact same thing! I don't see it listed in your mods but double checking, any leveling kit on that truck? It looks fairly level to me in that pic you shared. I was nervous about altering the suspension. That rim/wheel combo - how far out do they stick from fender? Curious about tossing rocks/dirt, etc.. up onto fenders - my job requires a fair amount of mud/muck travel and not a big fan of the mud flap look. Again awesome tuck!

No i did not do any suspension work at all. Even though the tires look like they stick out, they only stick out 1/4" further then stock ( the rim is 20x9 0 offset ) the rest goes toward the inner well. I do have other pics on a different post :

https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...ld-love-some-advice-and-info.8157/post-116806

Mudflaps maybe a good idea but im still debating if i want them on my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread