5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest a/t on Laramie air suspension with 22” rims

Davezl1

Reaction score
What’s the Biggest a/t tire I can fit on a Laramie with air suspension and stock 22” rims? I don’t want it to look completely stuffed in the front in normal mode. I don’t care how it looks in aero as long as it doesn’t rub. I’m considering doing a leveling kit in the front with the Revel leveling links, but I’m worried about messing with the stock warranty on the air ride. I hate the look of the stock tires. Anyone have pictures of bigger more aggressive tires on these rims with stock suspension? 508E1E62-FDE8-4057-9A24-127AFFDD15C5.jpeg

jwiley386

Reaction score
I think with factory air suspension they don't recommend over 33-34" due to the truck lowering itself at certain speeds (the only reason I didn't go air ride).

A buddy of mine has a Rebel and slapped 35s on his and rubber when he went on the interstate, wound up having to flash his computer to override the automatic lowering of the air suspension.

Hopefully someone else can confirm.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think with factory air suspension they don't recommend over 33-34" due to the truck lowering itself at certain speeds (the only reason I didn't go air ride).

A buddy of mine has a Rebel and slapped 35s on his and rubber when he went on the interstate, wound up having to flash his computer to override the automatic lowering of the air suspension.

Hopefully someone else can confirm.

If the tires rub the truck with the .6" suspension drop in Aero on the highway (also with no steering wheel turned lock to lock obviously), something is seriously wrong...

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put new 18"x9" Fuel Hardline wheels +1 offset but kept the 33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac OEM tires on my Rebel. I can drive and turn wheels even in entry/exit mode at super slow speed with no rubbing. Don't know how much difference a non Rebel trim level other than 1" lower. I recommend 33" to avoid issues. :cool: The last picture is the air suspension entry/exit mode kinda sinister looking IMG_2787.jpg IMG_2988.jpg IMG_2622.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread