5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Tires on Stock 22's?

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong spot or missed a thread but I've been searching and cant seem to find any pictures! Has anyone lifted a 5th gen and used the factory 22's with bigger rubber? ....I recently just traded my 13 Laramie w/6 lift and 35s in on a brand new LongHorn and these tires are killing me! I absolutely love the looks of my stock 22's with the black inserts on my billet silver truck but can not stand having these tiny stock tires! I live in Iowa and winter will be coming around very soon so I'm trying to figure out exactly what route i want to go with wheels and tires/lift etc.. This truck rides too damn nice and way too low stock! Coming from my 6" lifted 13 Laramie i feel like i moved back down to a small car! Im going to be making this thing sit and ride more like a truck in the very near future and would love to see some pictures of anyone who has kept these nice stock wheels in their build! Since I like the look of the oem wheels it would be nice save some money on wheels and spend more on the lift itself! Thanks in advance!

Rambunktious

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong spot or missed a thread but I've been searching and cant seem to find any pictures! Has anyone lifted a 5th gen and used the factory 22's with bigger rubber? ....I recently just traded my 13 Laramie w/6 lift and 35s in on a brand new LongHorn and these tires are killing me! I absolutely love the looks of my stock 22's with the black inserts on my billet silver truck but can not stand having these tiny stock tires! I live in Iowa and winter will be coming around very soon so I'm trying to figure out exactly what route i want to go with wheels and tires/lift etc.. This truck rides too damn nice and way too low stock! Coming from my 6" lifted 13 Laramie i feel like i moved back down to a small car! Im going to be making this thing sit and ride more like a truck in the very near future and would love to see some pictures of anyone who has kept these nice stock wheels in their build! Since I like the look of the oem wheels it would be nice save some money on wheels and spend more on the lift itself! Thanks in advance!
Congrats on the new Longhorn! Still waiting for mine to be built. :confused: I came across this post in the Wheels and Tires forum: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/35-12-5r22-on-stock-22-wheel-2020-ram-limited.23125/
Thought this might be a good place to start your search. There are more posts about the 22" rims but I found it easier to scroll through the posts than searching because people use different phrases and the search wasn't picking up on all of them. Good luck!

braggster

Reaction score
I would also like a more aggressive stance on mine as well. Would hate to fork out a bunch of cash for wheels if I could make the stock 22's look good.

bodene

Reaction score
Hi braggster,
I recently added a 1.5 inch spacer to the rear of the truck, and it made a big difference as far as a more aggressive look, It was $45. on amazon and they have kits for the front also. I would like to add OEM chrome 20" wheels also, which would improve stance also. My truck came with18" painted wheels, and I don't know if the 20" wheels will fit the hubs on the truck- can you help me out in that department?
Thanks, and good luck,
bodene

braggster

Reaction score
Hi braggster,
I recently added a 1.5 inch spacer to the rear of the truck, and it made a big difference as far as a more aggressive look, It was $45. on amazon and they have kits for the front also. I would like to add OEM chrome 20" wheels also, which would improve stance also. My truck came with18" painted wheels, and I don't know if the 20" wheels will fit the hubs on the truck- can you help me out in that department?
Thanks, and good luck,
bodene
I am definately not an expert in this area but I think I have seen post saying the 20" would fit on the hub.

hsandhu85

Reaction score
This should give you an idea of how things would look.

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 86
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 86

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry been busy all weekend and havnt had a chance to hop on here for a few days! But thanks for the pictures... My truck actuslly has the other 22s with the black inserts.. Are those 33s on your stock wheels?!? I hope those aren't 35s because I plan on going 35s after lifting but would like a little more tire ... Anyone else have any more pictures of bigger tires on the stock 22s?

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
I would also like a more aggressive stance on mine as well. Would hate to fork out a bunch of cash for wheels if I could make the stock 22's look good.
I agree man! I really wish I could see pictures of another truck lifted a little bit with bigger tires on these stock 22s because I absolutely love these wheels on this truck and think it would be great to not have to fork out more cash for aftermarket wheels! As far as the offset/stance you could aways throw some good quality hub centric spacers on to beef it up a little bit

hsandhu85

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry been busy all weekend and havnt had a chance to hop on here for a few days! But thanks for the pictures... My truck actuslly has the other 22s with the black inserts.. Are those 33s on your stock wheels?!? I hope those aren't 35s because I plan on going 35s after lifting but would like a little more tire ... Anyone else have any more pictures of bigger tires on the stock 22s?
Hey there they are 33's on my stock wheels.

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
I'm hoping to see a picture of 35s because I'm going 4 or 6" lift on my longhorn just like I had on my 13 Laramie and 35s are almost too little tire with the 6" lift so 33s are just out of the question!

Users who are viewing this thread