5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Horn Tail Gate Emblem Removal

jrexer

Reaction score
I’m considering removing the Big Horn emblem on the tail gate to clean it up a bit. Has anyone done this? My main question is does the Big Horn emblem have clips (and subsequently holes in the tail gate sheet metal)? Or is the emblem just fastened on with tape?

If there are holes I’d rather just leave it. Thanks for any insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m considering removing the Big Horn emblem on the tail gate to clean it up a bit. Has anyone done this? My main question is does the Big Horn emblem have clips (and subsequently holes in the tail gate sheet metal)? Or is the emblem just fastened on with tape?

If there are holes I’d rather just leave it. Thanks for any insight.

4x4 and Big Horn are both mounted with adhesive tape

jrexer

Reaction score
Thanks. Have you taken the Big Horn emblem off yourself and confirmed?

SB89

Reaction score
I wanted to originally remove the Ram's head emblem from the tailgate of my Big Horn and replace it with the R-A-M letters like the Rebel has across the tailgate, but it looks like the tailgate of the Big Horn has a lifted/flattened section of the tailgate that the emblem sits on...so it would look funky if nothing was in it's place.

dsn112

Reaction score
Heat, then I used a plastic pry tool at the corners. Then I just pulled hard and it pulled right out and the tape came with it. Easier than the rest of the badges on the trunk.

THFD334

Reaction score
Sorry for the stupid question but…. Did removing the big horn badge from the tailgate affect the paint at all? Like the clear coat or show marks of where the badge used to be?
And are the door letters only adhesive also?

NHRoadking

Reaction score
Took the ones off on my tailgate with a heat gun. No issues.

Egret

Reaction score
Here's a good video with the process of removing the badging. It uses a heat gun to soften the adhesive and remove the badge. Adhesive residue can be removed with a solvent such as alcohol, and if needed, a polishing compound can be used to blend the finish. Also, it shows a method of relocating a new badge by marking the exisiting badge location using a laser level. LINK:

Users who are viewing this thread