5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Horn ORG lower the rear

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried searching for this and couldn’t fin the answer. On my 2019 Hemi non ORG I installed a 1-1/2” level kit in the front which left me with 1/2” rake. That was all I wanted and it gave me the look I wanted. I have an RV fish house that we use year round, ended up pulling it on trips 15 times last year so I’d like some rake. So with the ORG having the 1” lift front and back I don’t think I want to lift the front anymore. So my question is, are the coils what give the ORG that extra 1” of lift? If so couldn’t I just get a set of the non ORG springs to put in the rear and drop it an 1”? That would leave me with a 1” rake which is totally fine. Then I don’t need to deal with installing a level kit and getting it realigned. If anybody has done this or knows if this is correct please let me know. I’m currently trying to decide on getting new tires on my 20” bog horn wheels or buying Rebel take offs As well. Thanks

Otherwise I was thinking to go with the same 1-1/2” level kit but then I’m 2-1/2” higher than a standard truck and from what I’ve read I should get new control arms too. Plus then I would want bigger tires to fill out the wells. Just all around more expensive

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, the ORG springs (coils) are what give the extra 1" of lift over non-ORG trucks.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah the non-ORG springs will lower you. They're easy to do. With how much I've messed with my rear suspension I can get both sides pulled and re-installed in less than an hour in my driveway.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah the non-ORG springs will lower you. They're easy to do. With how much I've messed with my rear suspension I can get both sides pulled and re-installed in less than an hour in my driveway.
Yeah I pulled the rear springs on my 2019 to put in the Airlift bags because thats what the directions said to do. Didn’t realize at the time that you could do it without pulling them.

I also always install my level kits myself. That’s why I was thinking it’s a lot easier to change the rear springs than to level and then get the alignment.

Users who are viewing this thread