5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big horn oem led headlights question

jeffrey5679

Reaction score
I have halogen headlights on my 2020 bighorn 1500. Are there oem led headlights available or do you have to use aftermarket? I know the limited led headlights are a different shape.

Fishwiz

Reaction score
You can get the Laramie LED lights. They are also an option on the BigHorn.

They're expensive but they'll fit your grill perfectly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
I put LED bulbs in and it made a huge difference. No way I was paying that ridiculous price for the LED headlight housings from Ram. If you have FB check out RPM 956 by a guy named Fred. Awesome quality, fast shipping, and comparable to the big brand names while supporting a small business. I've had them in since February and no issues.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put LED bulbs in and it made a huge difference. No way I was paying that ridiculous price for the LED headlight housings from Ram. If you have FB check out RPM 956 by a guy named Fred. Awesome quality, fast shipping, and comparable to the big brand names while supporting a small business. I've had them in since February and no issues.
Auxito bulbs from Amazon in mine...$36.
I've adjusted the driver side reflector since this photo.

Attachments

• 20201121_174220.jpg
    20201121_174220.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 159

nburd

Reaction score
Can you share a photo of your bulb setup or light shining in the front at night. I am considering this even though it's Illegal in my state. Did you do low and high beams?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Auxito bulbs from Amazon in mine...$36.
I've adjusted the driver side reflector since this photo.
Do you have your headlights on low beam? If so, it looks like your cut-off is completely gone. You should not be lighting up that school sign as much as you are, and I'm glad I'm not driving in opposing traffic to you. If not, keep an eye on that guy in front of you. He's probably pissed by you having your headlights on high beam LOL.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have your headlights on low beam? If so, it looks like your cut-off is completely gone. You should not be lighting up that school sign as much as you are, and I'm glad I'm not driving in opposing traffic to you. If not, keep an eye on that guy in front of you. He's probably pissed by you having your headlights on high beam LOL.
It's tough to gauge by the photo. That school sign was actually only about 25 feet away from me. Plus as I said....that photo was taken before I adjusted the lights. I'll try taking another photo after work tonight. One other thing....there is no such thing as a cut off line with traditional halogen Reflectors...its more of a fade.

Jeff B

Reaction score
Whew glad my BH came with the LED headlights , they're fantastic driving on dark roads coming to work

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's tough to gauge by the photo. That school sign was actually only about 25 feet away from me. Plus as I said....that photo was taken before I adjusted the lights. I'll try taking another photo after work tonight. One other thing....there is no such thing as a cut off line with traditional halogen Reflectors...its more of a fade.
Low beams shouldn't be shining that high no matter how far away the sign is. Maybe using the word cut-off wasn't entirely accurate for reflector housings, but even the fade you're talking about should be obvious. I'll be interested to see how they look now that you've adjusted them. I think we all know how annoying it is when opposing traffic has headlights that shine directly into your eyes. It's also a safety concern. I don't want to blind people who will be driving within a couple of feet of me LOL.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Low beams shouldn't be shining that high no matter how far away the sign is. Maybe using the word cut-off wasn't entirely accurate for reflector housings, but even the fade you're talking about should be obvious. I'll be interested to see how they look now that you've adjusted them. I think we all know how annoying it is when opposing traffic has headlights that shine directly into your eyes. It's also a safety concern. I don't want to blind people who will be driving within a couple of feet of me LOL.
I know what you mean lol. The bulbs have pretty much the same beam pattern as the halogens...but there's more light so the adjustment is definitely needed no matter which LED bulbs you get. But yes, will definitely add an adjustment picture later on

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, OEM can be added. It requires an aftermarket harness from here:

https://retroshop.us/collections/fe...am-1500-halogen-to-led-headlight-adapter-pair

the total cost for the housings and the adaptor is ~ $2000.00.

View attachment 74686
Just a note on this for the OP. It will cost that much if you want the LED tail lights too. I installed just the headlights, not the tail lights. I spent just under 1k for my headlights with the adapter because I bought a pair from another member here. They had only been on his truck for 600 miles.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a note on this for the OP. It will cost that much if you want the LED tail lights too. I installed just the headlights, not the tail lights. I spent just under 1k for my headlights with the adapter because I bought a pair from another member here. They had only been on his truck for 600 miles.
Correct. $2000 all in for OEM headlights, tail lights and the adapter.

it’s also worth noting that the $2000 price is for non blind spot monitoring / cross path detection, etc.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whew glad my BH came with the LED headlights , they're fantastic driving on dark roads coming to work
Definitely worth the $995 add on if you order your truck. Problem is, most of the ones on the lot have halogens.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely worth the $995 add on if you order your truck. Problem is, most of the ones on the lot have halogens.
Yeah I don’t understand that. Most of them have the stupid chrome clad 20’s add on for $1,600 but not the LED light package. I would much rather have the standard 18” wheels and have the LED lights. Lot’s of people change their wheels and tires anyways which is way easier than changing the headlights

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've found pretty much the opposite where I live. Dealerships in my area order Big Horns with the LED lighting option more often than not. In fact, the dealership where I bought my truck has eight Big Horns on the lot right now, and only one of them has halogens. Interestingly, two of them are 2021 built to serve editions.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Supposedly dealerships studies found that more people tend to order trucks with reflectors or pick one on the lot that has Reflectors over led/HID. Not sure if that's true...

Seancct

Reaction score
I have halogen headlights on my 2020 bighorn 1500. Are there oem led headlights available or do you have to use aftermarket? I know the limited led headlights are a different shape.
The complete housings are over $1000.
If you go with aftermarket bulbs make sure to use canbus lights (with built in resistors) it'll prevent error messages. Also on the 2020 2500 bighorn I had the bulb sizes were wrong in the book for tailight/backup/turn. The correct sizes are on the housing. They're cheap on Amazon, Sealight brand worked great for me. I had to buy front turn signals from headlightrevolution.com, they were expensive but the only ones that would work. Replacing all bulbs LED will run about $400 including fog lights

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Earlier this year I rolled the dice with Underground Lighting and lost. Let’s just say I can’t recommend any company who provides something as critical as headlights but utilizes a UPS store in Florida as their address.

I replaced them with Lasfit and have had zero issues with them. I know some have had an issue with the CHMSL and fob interference but knock on wood I’ve never had an issue with Lasfit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/