5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Horn (level 2 package) with front bucket seat, is there a 12V "always on" outlet somewhere?

SimmZ

Reaction score
Well... stupid question here...

In my previous 2019 RAM Classic (4h gen), I had two outlets in the front console, one 12V switched outlet (with the ignition) and one 12V direct outlet (always on)... when I do any road trip with my kids and wife, I aways bring my small 12v cooler (thermo-cooler) with thing to drink for the kids that I connect to the 12V direct outlet to keep it running when I do any quick stops (not overnight as well). I was doing the exact same thing in my 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan before the 2019 RAM Classic...

But now in my brand new RAM 1500 Big Horn (level 2) with the front bucket seats, I only found one 12V outlet on the top of the center console which is a switched outlet (with the ignition). I also found as well the two 120V 400W inverter outlet in front console and in the back seat console, but I didn't find any 12V direct outlet anywhere in my truck? Am I drunk or what? Where am I going to plug in my cooler? :confused:

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The above dash 12v can be switched to always on by changing a fuse position (I believe f54) on the fuse panel located under the steering wheel (have to remove panel to access)

SimmZ

Reaction score
The above dash 12v can be switched to always on by changing a fuse position (I believe f54) on the fuse panel located under the steering wheel (have to remove panel to access)

OMG! This is awesome! I'll dig on that! :cool:

Thank you!!

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ce0815f790aa4fe859aa27ed6ea20c13.jpg

That yellow one in the circle

SimmZ

Reaction score
Awesome, I'll do that tomorrow and continue to enjoy cold drink in my new truck!! :ROFLMAO:

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I should mention - my pic is with it at the always on position
Yours will (should) have the gap in between the yellow and blue. Move it over so there’s no gap in between

SimmZ

Reaction score
I even found that this process is even a part of the owner manual officially at page 60!!

Annotation 2020-06-29 141148.png

InFamous

Reaction score
Is there something similar to this with any of the USB ports? I ran a front/rear dash cam in my 2017 Express. I just picked up a 2020 Big Horn Sport and the only 12V is at the top of the dash which isn't ideal for hiding/running the wires. I purchased a USB-A to 12V adapter to hopefully run the camera and would like it to turn off when I turn off the truck.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there something similar to this with any of the USB ports? I ran a front/rear dash cam in my 2017 Express. I just picked up a 2020 Big Horn Sport and the only 12V is at the top of the dash which isn't ideal for hiding/running the wires. I purchased a USB-A to 12V adapter to hopefully run the camera and would like it to turn off when I turn off the truck.

Thanks in advance for any info!

I believe front USB ports are only on for 60 minutes after ignition off

Users who are viewing this thread