5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Horn Glove Box Light

deanfx

Reaction score
Does anyone actually know how to adjust the glove box on these trucks? My light stays on and the dealership told it was because of the LED bulb I swapped in for the factory bulb. They said they changed the switch that turns the light off as well.

nilsd

Reaction score
There are two dials on the left of the steering wheel. The left one controls interior ambient lighting, which includes a glove box mood light. This might be what you're referring to? (technically, it's not the glove box light, it just appears that way from the outside... Drove me crazy too until I found the dial that controlled it)

deanfx

Reaction score
There are two dials on the left of the steering wheel. The left one controls interior ambient lighting, which includes a glove box mood light. This might be what you're referring to? (technically, it's not the glove box light, it just appears that way from the outside... Drove me crazy too until I found the dial that controlled it)
I don't have ambient lighting. There is an actually light bulb in the lower glove box with a switch that turns it off while closed. I can push the door on the box closed a tiny amount and the light will go off. It's annoying at night.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I don't have ambient lighting. There is an actually light bulb in the lower glove box with a switch that turns it off while closed. I can push the door on the box closed a tiny amount and the light will go off. It's annoying at night.
It sounds like the switch is not being pressed in all the way when the glove box is closed. You can get some small peel and stick dots, I think they are furniture feet. https://www.lowes.com/pd/SoftTouch-20-Pack-3-4-in-Brown-Round-Felt-Pad/50353126
Try sticking one of those on the glove box door where the switch is at, should push the switch in enough to turn that light off. I used these to stop the sliding window from rattling from the factory sub.

deanfx

Reaction score
It sounds like the switch is not being pressed in all the way when the glove box is closed. You can get some small peel and stick dots, I think they are furniture feet. https://www.lowes.com/pd/SoftTouch-20-Pack-3-4-in-Brown-Round-Felt-Pad/50353126
Try sticking one of those on the glove box door where the switch is at, should push the switch in enough to turn that light off. I used these to stop the sliding window from rattling from the factory sub.
Thats exactly what the problem is. I ended up finding a automotive vacuum cap that fits over the switch button and looks pretty good lol. It does bother me that a new truck has to have things like this done for a fix.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone actually know how to adjust the glove box on these trucks? My light stays on and the dealership told it was because of the LED bulb I swapped in for the factory bulb. They said they changed the switch that turns the light off as well.

My light would stay on because the door wasn’t closing all the way. It would shut all the way if you slam it but then would wiggle open just enough to where you could see light shining through. Dealership adjusted the door so it stayed shut all the way, took them about 5 minutes and haven’t had an issue since.

deanfx

Reaction score
My light would stay on because the door wasn’t closing all the way. It would shut all the way if you slam it but then would wiggle open just enough to where you could see light shining through. Dealership adjusted the door so it stayed shut all the way, took them about 5 minutes and haven’t had an issue since.
I have looked all over and can't find a way to adjust the door. Do you have any clue as to how it was adjusted?

Users who are viewing this thread