5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Horn Chrome grill trim

Triton2k3

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the big horn chrome grill trim and upper trim are actually chrome or painted chrome color? I've seen people say they painted them which would make me think they are painted chrome. Sorry if this has already been discussed. Common words aren't easily searchable.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
They are plastic, so definitely not real chrome. It's not really a paint either, but I don't know the exact process they use to get the finish.

If you're wanting to paint it, scuff, adhesion promoter, prime, then paint.....should work just fine.

I'd have them painted or at a minimum use a 2k clear on them since it's "harder" . If you go with some rustoleum, you'll have rock chips in no time.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Triton2k3

Reaction score
They are plastic, so definitely not real chrome. It's not really a paint either, but I don't know the exact process they use to get the finish.

If you're wanting to paint it, scuff, adhesion promoter, prime, then paint.....should work just fine.

I'd have them painted or at a minimum use a 2k clear on them since it's "harder" . If you go with some rustoleum, you'll have rock chips in no time.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk
Thanks. Much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread