5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Fat Key Fob !

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow... what a fun surprise this could have been. I've been rocking the AJT case for a year and had no idea.
I was able to pop mine out with a small flat head.
Many thinks for sharing the link.
Yeah, lucky I wasn't too far away from home when it happened to me.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

There’s your solution..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
How is that a solution for the problem being discussed in this thread? I like AJT's products. I have one of their shift knobs, and I like how their fobs look. But the size difference between the factory fob and AJT's is not significant.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How is that a solution for the problem being discussed in this thread? I like AJT's products. I have one of their shift knobs, and I like how their fobs look. But the size difference between the factory fob and AJT's is not significant.
It doesn't seem significant if you are only looking at the quoted dimensions, but it definitely feels significant when holding it in your hand.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It is much more flat and lighter.
It's not life changing though.
It is the smallest Ram fob I know of.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Its flatter. Not bulky like the factory Oem fob. Its the best “reasonable” solution you’re going to get. Ram
Isn’t going to somehow redesign their fob for the 6 people that complain about it being to bulky. We carry large phone/wallets etc I’m sure you can deal with a larger fob. It’s not much different in size to GM/Toyotas equivalent. We want tailgates that drop w/ a button, remote start etc all in fob that requires space.

raygun9

Reaction score
If you hike or run outdoors and need to bring the key the ajt one is significantly lighter and easier to carry in running shorts. Big fan of Ram versus Ford but I really wish Ram would do the keypad on the driver door like Ford does, then it wouldnt matter.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you hike or run outdoors and need to bring the key the ajt one is significantly lighter and easier to carry in running shorts. Big fan of Ram versus Ford but I really wish Ram would do the keypad on the driver door like Ford does, then it wouldnt matter.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Ford probably has the patent for this. Plus Stellantis can’t seem to find a fix for all their cars being stolen and you want a keypad on the door

Users who are viewing this thread